Sunday, August 13, 2023

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #45

Hello friends.  Sorry I've been MIA lately...the Covid bug finally got me!  But I'm feeling better and have a card to share for the Peace On Earth challenge, where they have a mood board that says TROPICAL to me!  Take a look...


And here's what I came up with:


I took a little bit of liberty with this sweet little Santa from MFT's Jingle All The Way set and didn't color in his jacket red, but instead left that part of him skin toned to look like he's in the tropics working on his tan (he has a way to go yet...).


I colored Santa with my Copics and then pop dotted him to a background made with Sizzix's Tropical Leaves embossing folder, and some die cut Palm branches from The Greetery's BotaniCuts: Palm.


I finished with a little bit of glitter on Santa's hat, a few gifts, and some bakers twine with a red star stamped with my sentiment (Ho Ho Ho).  

You can check out all the fabulous cards from the DT for more inspiration right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till Thursday, August 17th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

Birgit said...

Hahaha! This is super cute and so brilliant of you to color him in this way! The embossed background is perfect for the tropical, sun tan seeking Santa! I'm glad to hear your feeling better.

Loll said...

Hilarious, Marcia. Great colouring of Santa! :) So happy to hear you are doing better, my friend. xx

I Card Everyone said...

You did a fantastic job of making Santa topless, Marcia! and you even shortened his pants! Just as cute as he can be!
So glad to have your feeling well enough to play cards again - keep it up and we'll be able to plan our next gathering... maybe Christmas in August or September??
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, no, I'm sorry about your Covid! We had our first Covid early this year. Thankfully somewhat mild, but definitely different from other illnesses. I'm glad you're feeling better! Marcia, I LOVE your Santa! He looks so natural in the tropical setting sans shirt. Really brilliant use of this guy! I love when you make fun cards like this. You do it so well!

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, So glad to hear you are feeling better...that bug is a beast. Your tropical Santa is fabulous.

Bonnie said...

This couldn't be more perfect, Marcia! Love, love, love that Santa is in the tropics working on his tan! LOL, it sure brought me a smile! So sorry you've had the dreaded COVID! Hope you are completely over it very soon!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute and super creative! Even Santa deserves a good vacation. He sure looks like the tropics agree with him! I'm hoping you're back to 100% soon. Sending BIG HUGS!

TK said...

So adorable! I love that you left him tanning in the sun, what a fabulous idea, Marcia

Bobby said...

Your card left me chuckling this morning, Marcia. I mean Santa sun tanning? Such a creative, fun and perfectly executed idea. Fabulous card, my friend.

Darlene said...

OH NO ... I'm so sorry to hear you've been ill but glad to hear you're on the mend! Your card is too cute and don't forget to add this fun loving Santa to our embossing challenge (Can You Handle the Pressure ... link below my name.) Love your interpretation of our board ... what a FUN holiday creation ... sure to bring a big smile!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous! the colours and detail of your design is striking! ♥