Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Color Hues Challenge - #69

Hello friends.  WOW...August 1st!!  Where is my Summer going?!  Hopefully this month goes a bit slower so I can savor it!!  We have a brand new challenge for you at Color Hues, and Sheri is our hostess and she would like to see you use TEAL & ORANGE on your cards.


I admit I was a little stumped at first with this color combo, but then I received a new (to me) die set from Spellbinders and it all "clicked" into place!  Here's what I came up with...


Day At The Beach includes all the dies to cut out this bathing beauty with her hat, bag, flip flops, & beach towel, and I used scraps from PTI's Orange Zest & Tropical Teal cardstock, and also dsp from their Bitty Big Paper Packs in the same colors!


For my background I used a striped piece of the Bitty Big DSP and used MB's Pinpoint Burst Plate Die to create the sun rays.  A couple sequins and it was finished...easy peasy!!

As usual, our DT and Special GD Deborah have LOTS of wonderful inspiration to get you started, so check it all out right HERE and then play along with us!  We would love to see YOU in our gallery!  This challenge is open till August 14th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



16 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Oh my this is fab...I wouldn't think it was a color challenge as everything goes together as if meant to be. Great designing!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, WOW, it's amazing how you brought this together, Marcia! It's a super cool die set in every detail. I'm so loving my dies lately and it's really fun to see yours, too. The papers and sunburst are perfect. I think it's a pure genius card design!

cm said...

WOW! I wish my ideas would click into place as marvelously as yours do - especially with the card you've created here. Sensational, creative beach scene and an awesome, inspired and inspiring showcase of how wonderful this colour combination is!
hugs~carol

Lisa Elton said...

Look at her in her polka dot swimsuit and matching hat - so snazzy!! I just know she has a bottle of fizzy orange soda in her bag! This is cute, Marcia. Great job with the colors!

TK said...

Wow, I love your use of the colors and adorable scene!

Bonnie said...

What fun, Marcia! All that orange makes me happy!

Birgit said...

This is super cute and summery!!! What a gorgeous die set to use for the color challenge. Her polka dotted suit and matching hat are pure delight!!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Marcia! I want to be that bathing beauty and live in your card!
I have admired this set around blogland but you know perfectly well how much I LOVE orange! LOve her beach blanket, the sunray debossing and man do I want her flip flops!
=]

Karen said...

I love everything about this card from the MB coverplate to the fabulous bathing beauty sitting on the very cool towel with her tote, flip flops, and wonderful hat! It's really a spectacular card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia aren't those just clicked moments amazing! This card is so much fun and looks great in the challenge colours--A+!

Julie B said...

Love the retro vibe of this card Marcia, you've really nailed these colours with your design. :)

Stef Perry said...

You're so clever, Marcia! I would have never thought to make that background for your lovely bathing beauty but you created a brilliant design with these colors and your card is absolutely fabulous! I'm with you, I want time to slow down so we enjoy the rest of summer, but admittedly, I do look forward to the cooler temps of fall. Wonderful card, my friend!

Cindy Beach said...

I let out a little squeal when I saw this, Marcia! The PTI papers are perfect hues and I love the beach scene - you can almost feel the warmth! Such a great detail to add the sun rays die. Fabulous card!

JulieP said...

You have so many subtle details here with the combined texures and patterns. LOVE it Marcia!

Nancy said...

One of my favorite sets from Spellbinders, and you have done a great job with it. So creative with the variations of stripes throughout the design. Hope you are feeling a bit better today and it was wonderful to meet you in person! Thanks for making the effort! HUGS!

Bobby said...

I don't know why I didn't see this before, Marcia. I came here from Michele's where she made cards after borrowing your dies. This is such a cute set and you worked the challenge colors into it beautifully.