Sunday, August 20, 2023

The Flower Challenge #83 and Double D Challenge - SUNFLOWERS

Hello friends.  Playing along with two challenges today...The Flower Challenge is looking for DOTS/STRIPES and the Double D Challenge is looking for SUNFLOWERS.  I was able to combine both into one card and came up with this...


A while back one of my favorite designers Kelly Lunceford made a type of shadow box card HERE that I just had to try my hand at!  A little hard to see in the photo, but the sunflowers (gifted to me by my sweet friend Lisa Elton - SSS's Little Sunflower Blooms) have dimensionals on the back to raise them up, and then you place a frame and acetate over the top of them.  The frame is PTI's Border Bling: Scalloped Frame and the acetate was stamped with Stazon ink using PTI's Garden Blessings stamp set.


Here's a close up so you can see the sentiment better, and can you also see my DOTS in the background??  I used an older Cuttlebug embossing folder for the large dots and built my little sunflower scene on top of it.  The leaves are from another PTI set called Into The Blooms: Dahlia.


I thought about making this a shaker card, as I added thin foam strips to the back of the frame, but decided it was busy enough and didn't want to take away from the beauty of the Sunflowers and that gorgeous sentiment!  

Lots of beautiful inspiration from both challenges, and you can find them HERE and HERE.  The Flower Challenge is open till the 25th of August and The Double D Challenge is open till September 3rd @ 8:00PM.




Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




11 comments:

Birgit said...

Gorgeous!!! What a beautiful shadow box card, my friend. I love the subtle polka dotted background and all the dimension this card has. The heat embossed sentiment on the acetate is fab!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Marcia! How wonderful! I must have missed Kelly's post but can 'see clearly' why you'd give it a try! In fact, you've nailed it!
I'm loving the subtle dots - btw one of my very first embossing folders of all! This beauty has 'dotted the i' in our gallery at The Flower Challenge!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

What a gorgeous card, Marcia! I absolutely LOVE the eyelet frame and how the popped up sunflowers support the acetate layer with the sentiment that touches my soul. Talk about sunflowers -- these are classic beauties, just the way I picture a sunflower. I support your decision to leave out the shaker bits for this one as it's just soooo pretty on its own. Oh, and I also have that embossing folder and have used it lots. It's the perfect subtle background companion to your sunflowers and eyelet frame. Perfection! I'm so happy you joined us at Double D!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful sunflowers and an awesome sentiment, Marcia! This is such an uplifting card!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so happy to so those pretty little sunflowers in this masterpiece of yours! WOWEE, Marcia, I love every marvelous detail. So many wonderful layers. WWCD!!

Bobby said...

Your sunflowers are wonderful, Marcia, and I love that lacy frame that you put around the shadow box.

Bobby said...

I forgot to thank you for sharing your sunflowers with us at The Flower Challenge, Marcia.

TK said...

Gorgeous! I love your framed beauties, such fun flowers and your card would be a blessing to receive!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. I love sunflowers.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Stef Perry said...

Marcia, you've created such a beauty with Lisa's gifted sunflower dies! I so love sunflowers and yours are bright and beautiful, plus showcased by that stunning frame. Brilliant design, my friend, and I'm so glad you chose to share with us at The Flower Challenge!

Loll said...

Your sunflowers are so bright and happy, Marcia. LOVE the sentiment. Beautiful card, my friend! xx