Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #70 - RED & YELLOW

Hello friends.  It's time for another Color Hues Challenge, and our wonderful hostess Stef has chosen RED & YELLOW for us to play with.


This color combination definitely says SUMMER to me, and also SUNFLOWERS, and here's what I came up with using a couple oldies but goodies from The Greetery!!

Don't you just love the watering can in RED from The Greetery's Sprinkled With Kindness stamp and die set?!  It's a 3 step stamp and I used Real Red ink (SU!) for the first two layers and Cherry Cobbler (also SU!) ink for the third layer.  I actually stamped 2 of the watering cans because I'm thinking ahead to Christmas and how fun would this watering can in red be filled with Christmas greenery??!!  But let's stay in Summer right now as I'm definitely NOT ready for Winter and what comes with it!!  I die cut all my Sunflowers from white cardstock (BotaniCuts: Sunflower from The Greetery) and then inked them up with a blender brush and several different yellow inks from PFS.  


I also die cut a leaf from PTI's Into The Blooms: Dahlia and left it white for just a bit of greenery in my flower arrangement.  I adhered everything to a yellow and white piece of gingham dsp I had and adhered that to the largest of the Postal Frame Dies (The Greetery), and then everything to a red card base.  To finish I added a tiny heart tag (PTI's Tiny Tags) embossed with my sentiment, some glitter on the flower centers and the leaf, and a few Disco Ball Sequins from Gina K.  Love how bright and colorful this turned out...GREAT color choice Stef!!

There's is lots of inspiration from our DT and Special GD Annette to get you started, so check it all out right HERE and then play along with us...we'd love to see YOU in our gallery!!  This challenge is open till August 28th @ 9:00AM.
  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



19 comments:

Julie B said...

Love your watering can full of sunny blooms Marcia. The gingham checked background is the perfect choice. :)

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is such a gorgeous late summer card. SO beautiful; you've used the colors fantastically.

Bonnie said...

That red watering can is so pretty and I look forward to seeing it full of holiday greenery. It's perfect holding these layered sunflowers! Love the shades of yellow you've used to color them!

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, I love the red watering can! Can't wait to see how you jazz it up with winter greens too. This is such a happy card Marcia and just lovely!

Loll said...

LOVE your red watering can filled with bright and happy sunflowers. Great card, Marcia!! xx

Karen said...

Yes, I do love that red watering can! Filling it with sunflowers is just perfection!

I Card Everyone said...

Your shiny red watering can is just the ticket for holding this Summer-y bouquet of sunflowers, Marcia! Your yellow gingham is SO pretty - wait. is that a little frost on your fern?? Say it isn't so!
A wonderful way to say hello to a friend!
=]

Birgit said...

Now if this doesn't say "country garden" I don't know what does. This is adorable!!! I love the yellow gingham in the background of this wonderful red watering can filled with sunflowers. And look at that sweet little tag. Pure country delight!

Cindy Beach said...

This is a fabulous summer card, Marcia, you nailed it! I love the shine of the watering can, it looks great in red. What a wonderful idea for Christmas. Hmmm. The sunflowers are amazing, and I love the gingham so much!

Leslie Miller said...

It always blows me away what you can do with two colors! This is the cutest, prettiest, most fun creation! I love every bit of it and, yes, I can totally see the red watering can full of Christmas greenery. You go, Marcia!

Nancy said...

Marcia, This is darling and pretty! I love the sunflowers but the watering can is certainly stealing the show. Such a creative use of the colors!

Bobby said...

I would love a real watering can like that, Marcia. It's wonderful in red and filled with sunflowers. I get a happy feeling just looking at your card.

TK said...

i LOVE your watering can, Marcia, but your flowers, dsp and colors are perfect and would add joy to anyone's heart!

Stef Perry said...

Absolutely yes to the red watering can, it is so, so adorable with the bright yellow sunflowers! We were definitely on the same page with the colors and flowers lol! Such a cute card and as always, you've added so many pretty details, Marcia! Love it!

Julia Aston said...

I do love that watering can (and I have it too!) and it looks so pretty in the reds Marcia! The yellow daisies, gingham background and sparkly white stem are perfect surrounding the watering can - a beautiful card for the challenge! Julia xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Ths card is bursting with summer vibes Marcia! I love that watering can against the gingham background, and the bold sunflowers are the perfect flowers to fill it. Vicky x

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia your red watering can has such a realistic and authentic appearance, I'm swooning over it. I love that you used sunflowers and a watering can as your theme for these colours--totally out of the box and timely! I love it!

JulieP said...

That watering can looks so realistic!!! This is just fabulous and a great card to finish out the summer (although we're gonna have about 4 more months here in FL.) LOL!

cm said...

That watering can! Ohmystars...so realistic! Pretty sunflowers, a gingham background, a touch of sparkle all make for one gorgeous card!
hugs~carol