Sunday, August 27, 2023

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #46

Hello friends.  Feels like it's been forever since I posted, but only a week, so not too long!  I'm still draggin' a bit from this virus and also dealing with heart issues with my 91 year old mom, so I just haven't had the time to play and comment, but I am still around!  I did find time to play with the latest Peace On Earth Challenge where they have an absolutely BEAUTIFUL mood board depicting lovely country Christmas scenes with barns.  Take a look...


I used a slapstick/Cling rubber stamp from Penny Black called traverse and came up with these 2 cards...


This first card was done silhouette style where I just stamped the whole image in black, and then ink blended the background starting at the bottom with light gray, pink, purple, & blue.  I also added some white acrylic paint splatters for snow and then added a die cut sentiment from Memory Box called Special Merry Christmas.  Very simple but I love the look of it!


For my 2nd card, I used the same stamp, but colored directly onto the stamp with my SU! markers and then very lightly misted the stamp before pressing onto my cardstock to give a very simple water colored look.  I also added the white acrylic paint splatters for snow and the sentiment is an older PTI one from the Christmas Blessings stamp set.  I liked the way both turned out and couldn't decide which one to enter for the challenge, so why not both?!

You can check out all the FABULOUS cards from the talented DT right HERE and then play along...this challenge is open till Thursday, Aug. 31st @ 8:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful cards, Marcia! I love both cards and the coloring creates such different moods in each card. I'm sorry to hear about your mother's health problems. I hope both you and she feel better soon!

Birgit said...

I like both cards, but I especially like the one you used the markers to color the stamp. That takes a lot of time! What a pretty scene stamp too. Sorry to hear about your mom. I will add her to my prayer list. ~ hugs

I Card Everyone said...

Two very beautiful cards made from this gorgeous scene, Marcia! My favorite is the first one - love the Aurora look of your color choices!
Sorry to hear about your Mom - healing thoughts and prayers are coming her way!
=]

Bonnie said...

I wouldn't have been able to choose either and I'm glad you didn't because both of these are so serene and beautiful, Marcia! I hope you will be fully recovered very soon and your Mom too.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards, Marcia. Glad you are feeling better. It takes time. I am playing catch up after having been out of town. I’ve checked out all your lovely cards I missed and commenting just the current one. (It gets too overwhelming for me to catch up individually).

Bobby said...

Sending prayers for both you and your mom, Marcia. Both of your cards are wonderful. I do love barns and your little cabin gives some of the same feel.

Lisa Elton said...

You've put together wonderful colors on both cards, Marcia. These are lovely! Sending healing thoughts and prayers for your mom... and you too!

Diane said...

Both cards are beautiful and such pretty and peaceful scenes! Feel better soon and hope your Mom feels better soon too!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards using the same stamp. Just goes to show that using different colouring techniques gives you completely different looks. So creative, my friend. I had a virus that lasted over two weeks. It's a nasty one going around. Take care of yourself and try to get lots of rest. Sorry to hear about your mom's heart problems. Keeping her in my thoughts ... and you too! Love, Loll

Leslie Miller said...

Marcia, your cards look absolutely beautiful both ways! Icy cold twighlight scene with a perfect blend of colors. The daytime version is amazing with the misty marker technique which I keep forgetting about. The stream is such a beautiful blue with the snowy white ice chunks flowing along with it. I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling with the virus, but I do understand. It's a long lasting bug. And at the same time you're trying to help your Mom with her troubles. Take care and know that I wish you well.

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful cards from that lovely stamp Marcia! What a beautiful scene and perfect for the challenge you entered. So sorry you have been sick and praying for your mum - hope things improve for your both!