Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A Christmas Playtime with Michele

Hello friends.  Michele and I had another playdate shortly after Thanksgiving, and while Michele had all her cards done right away, I didn't have time to work on finishing mine up until last week...Christmas kinda snuck up on me this year and I just don't move as fast as I use to!  But anyway, we had a FABULOUS time together at Michele's house with all the usual card making, laughing, talking, and of course eating!  (Michele treated me to her awesome egg drop soup and egg rolls...yummmmmmm!!)

I have 6 cards to share with you today, the first two stenciled beauties from PFS's Lush Peonies Stamp, Stencil, & Die set.

Stenciled with yellow shades and then die cut and added to a die cut background using ASD's Tiny Crosses Coverplate Die with foam tape for dimension.  The die cut sentiment is from SSS using gold mirror cardstock and a few yellow gems finished it off.


This one was stenciled with shades of purples, and then I cut part of it off before adding foam tape once again for dimension against the background done with Waffle Flower's Tiny Crosses Texture Die.  My sentiment is from Spellbinders Letter Press plates, and finished off with a few light purple gems.

OK, let's head into Christmas now.  Michele had asked if I would bring my TH Twigs & Stump die set, and trust me, it's no hardship to play with these 2 adorable snowmen!


   Don't they just crack you up with their facial expressions?!!  I dressed them up in a red & white classic Christmas color combo and attached them to an oval opening with a piece of striped vellum embossed with the Snowflakes embossing folder from Honey Bee.  I added a few die cut snowflakes from Impression Obsession and clear gems to finish off this card.  No sentiment as I haven't decided if it will be a Christmas card, Thank You card, or Winter birthday card yet.


Twig and his own Christmas tree are starring in this card with another embossed background using the Honey Bee Snowflakes folder again, and a snowbank using a die from The Greetery.  The sentiment is an oldie from PTI called Think Big Favorites #20.  Hard to tell in the photo but the tree is splattered with white and GOLD acrylic paint and the gold really does have a nice shimmer to it!


I know this card is a little dark for a Christmas card, but I think it just might be my favorite...must be Michele and her love of grays is rubbing off on me!  My background is a coverplate die from The Greetery that I swiped a gray ink cube up and down across my white cardstock panel first, and then used the die.  I love the wood textured look it gives and makes this card a bit rustic.  I added a Ornate Banner die cut from PFS before layering my Magnolia Wreath die cuts (The Greetery) that I splattered with white & black acrylic paint.  I used gray and silver metallic cardstock for the Rustic Star die cut (also from The Greetery) that I hung like an ornament over the center of the wreath, and then finished with some silver metallic pearls and a pre-printed sentiment strip from SSS.  


The photo of this last card does not do it justice...in real life this card sparkles like crazy!  I started with residual ink leftover on my ink blending brushes in turquoise and purple using a new stencil from The Greetery called Snowflake Prints.  Keeping the stencil in place I used Gina K's Glitz Glitter Gel and once it dries, it really sparkles and shines!  I cut off a little bit at an angle on the bottom and added a strip of turquoise cs to differentiate from the card base.  Next I die cut the word JOY using TSM's Festive Foliage Dies and then stamped "to the world" beneath.  Pretty simple card really that sure does pack a punch in real life!

So there you have what I started at Michele's and then finished up at home last week.  I'd definitely say we were both pretty darn productive considering all the talking, laughing, and eating we did too!  Make sure you check out Michele's post right HERE to see what she did using some of these same products...you won't be disappointed!  (I can hardly wait to see what she did with Twig & Stump!!)  Thanks for another wonderful play day and year of friendship Michele...you truly are the best!!
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, you really have made such lovely cards with all the bits and pieces we gathered while together! I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite!
I love your yellow Peonies and that yellow card peeking through the tiny crosses! But those purples! and you were so clever to clip that piece apart - why didn't I think to do that with the one I goofed up??
Twig and Stump could not look any cuter than they do in all this Christmas red - I'm so glad our friend Richard taught us what to do with that 'candy cane!' and 'Stretch' is looking quite dapper cut from that textured paper!
I adore your wreath with its gorgeous star! [two somethings to borrow next time: the star and the plate]
It doesn't take too much imagination to know your finale is grand in real life - JOY is the perfect word... you do bring me such joy with your friendship!
Thanks so much for a great year of play time, Marcia! I look forward to our next gathering! Fingers crossed for a very mild winter! xx
=]

Cat Craig said...

Marcia,
WHat a lovely collection to commemorate your play date. Each card is lovely and has your signature touches. I can't pick a fave,- love em all.

JoAnn said...

Love your gorgeous cards with the peonies - so pretty. Your snowmen cards are so cute and such fun. Pretty wreath card and Big JOY card. You and Michelle had a great time crafting together. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty, cute and elegant all rolled into one post! Your peony cards are so very pretty. I like the gold you added to the first one. Twig and Stump never grow old, they just make me happy! I love the elegance of your Magnolia wreath and what the splatters add to it. Sparkle was the perfect way to finish up your marvelous collection of cards!

Bobby said...

Those peonies are beautiful, Marcia, and I love the backgrounds you put them on The same is true of the gorgeous magnolia wreath. I've been eyeing that parquet coverplate for quite some time. Now that I've seen that magnificent star I may have to take a trip to The Greetery. I'm always eager to see Twig and Stump and how you arrange a scene for them. Putting Twig with a tree is a great idea and one I will be doing. So many wonderful cards, my friend.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, what a fabulous array of cards! The flower cards are incredibly lovely and make me fall in love with Pinkfresh all over again. Impossible to pick a favorite. Those snowmen will come to live with me some day. They are so endearing and I love your cards. The snowflake embossing folder is fantastic! Wow! The leaf wreath on parquet background, sigh... a winning combination. And to wrap it up... the amazing sparkle of your joy card! It's too bad how difficult it is to catch the true degree of sparkle in a photograph, but I've had the same issue and I know how spectacular this must look in real life. Love how the you fit the joy with the slant and "to the world" stamped underneath. Lunch sounds beyond delicious. Crafting with a friend is so much fun. I can never accomplish this much in a day, even without lunch and chatter. Way fun, Marcia!

TK said...

Superb! From gorgeous flowers, to fun-loving Stump & Twig, and then on to more gorgeousness -- your cards are all fantastic, Marcia! I love each and every one of them, and wish we could all join together for fun and cards!

Bonnie said...

WOW! Pretty flowers in both colors, a fabulous star on an awesome wreath, and sparkly JOY! I know what you mean about Christmas coming quickly and going slowly. It's hard to keep up!

Birgit said...

Oh my stars Marcia, this post is just full of beautiful creations! Your sunny yellow flowers have me dreaming of spring time already as do the purple flowers. I love how you cut them apart, allowing that sweet die cut background to shine through even more. Twig and Stump are just two of my favorite winter fellas and I love their snowy landscapes. The Magnolia Wreath is just stunning and has me wishing I had that in my crafty arsenal. The glittered Joy card is pure joy!! I had a tub of the glitz gel and it dried up on me. What a bummer because your card is so inspiring. This entire post has been inspiring. I love it all! So glad you and Michele had such a productive time together. Merry Christmas to you my friend!