Friday, December 1, 2023

Color Hues #77 - Pink & Silver

Hello friends.  Happy December and welcome to a new challenge here at The Color Hues Challenge where our hostess for the entire month is Nancy and she would love to see Pink & Silver on our cards.


I had a little shopping spree at Spellbinder's and decided to use this new (to me) die set called Gnome Drive Holiday and came up with this sweet Christmas card...


I remember when gnomes first came out and I wasn't too thrilled with them and wondered what everyone saw in them...obviously I've changed my tune!  Isn't this little guy driving in his spiffy pink sports car just ADORABLE?!!  I just used pink, white & glittered silver cs to cut out all the pieces and then assembled.  The front grill and the steering wheel I did a little ink blending on just to give a little more color for contrast.


 My embossed background is an old SU! favorite called Winter Snow and my sentiment is from Spellbinders's Make it Merry Sentiments.  No stamping on the outside of this card...just die cutting.

Make sure you check out all the wonderful inspiration from our DT and Special GD Amanda HERE and then play along with us!  Remember that this challenge is open all month long, so plenty of time to play...we would love to see all your pink & silver cards decorating our gallery this month!!  This challenge is open till December 28th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

cm said...

I agree 110%: your gnome and his spiffy sportscar are absolutely adorable! A fabulous showcase of a whimsical take on pink and silver.
hugs~carol

Cat Craig said...

Oh I have always loved the gnomes...goes back to childhood tv in Germany. They had these mischievous little guys in 10 second spots and the gnomes remind me of them. But On to your card, your lil guy is adorable.

Cindy Beach said...

Yes, cute gnomes like this one in the jazzy sports car are winning me over too! I love the sparkle you've added to your lovely design!

I Card Everyone said...

You know what I say, Marcia: to gnome me is to love me!! lol
I think your pink sports car was the perfect pick for this dude!
SO fun, Marcia!
=]

TK said...

Adorably cute and whimsically fun -- great job, Marcia, because this guy's ready to roll!

Birgit said...

He is definitely looking spiffy in pink and silver. This card is over the top, adorable!

Bonnie said...

I felt the same way about gnomes when they first started showing up, but I've warmed up to them too and I LOVE this little guy all dressed in pink and driving his pink Cadillac! Maybe his name is Elvis? Such a fun card, my friend!

Nancy said...

I did not get this gnome set this year and you are certainly tempting me with this darling pink car. I think one of my favorite parts is his rosy nose, it certainly must be cold out! Darling card! I hope you have a wonderful December and a very Merry Christmas, Marcia!

Bobby said...

Maybe he's an Elvis gnome driving a pink Cadillac, Marcia. Isn't that an image?! lol Great way to use those colors and make it festive and cute.

Julie B said...

Love your festive gnome Marcia. I never know the difference between a gonk and a gnome, apparently gonks never show any facial feature other than their noses, who knew?! Whatever is driving he's still fun! :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is playful and extra cute , Marcia! Oodles of fun!

Stef Perry said...

I love gnomes and this one is soo cute, cruising along in his smart looking pink car! What a creative and fun way to use this color combo and make a fun Christmas card, Marcia! Love this so much!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love it! So darn cute in pink and silver. I felt the same way about gnomes in the beginning, but I changed my tune when I bought a few stamps. Such fun! This just tickles my funny bone and gives me a big smile, Marcia!

Karen said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to make the rounds! Your gnome is so adorable, and I love that embossed background. It's a good thing it's an older one so I'll be less tempted to try and find it!

JulieP said...

Your gnomie is so pretty in pink!!! I love gnomes and think of them as paper dolls that you can dress up for every occasion and holiday. LOL! This is just darling!