Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Double D Challenge - Winter/Snow Scene

Hello friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas?!  We celebrated a week ago as it was the only time all 3 girls could get together, and a good thing we did it early as almost everyone came down with colds this week!  It was still a nice Christmas with just my 91 year old mom yesterday, and on Christmas Eve it was so warm out that we grilled hot dogs for dinner...pretty much unheard of in Michigan on Dec. 24th.  Last year at this time we had a blizzard and 17" of snow!  Go figure.  But anyway, you came here for a card, and I'm still in the Christmas mood and had just received an order from Spellbinder's 50% off sale, so I created this sweet little Winter scene using the Dancin' Penguin dies.  Take a look...



Isn't he a cutie?!  And the best part is that his skating feet swing back and forth so it really looks like he's skating!  I stamped the little piece of ice from MFT's Cool Day stamp set, and then ink blended the background and then did a bit of splattering with white acrylic paint.  I stamped the trees from Gina K's Christmas Greenery set and then embossed the panel with SSS's Icy Snowflakes ef.  LOVE the way this background turned out!  Next I assembled the die cut pieces of the penguin and used thicker foam circles behind him for dimension and to give room for the skates to swing back and forth.  Pretty easy card and a great start for my 2024 Christmas card stash!


     
 Lots of beautiful inspiration from this wonderful mood board and from all the DT too, so check it all out right HERE and then play along to get a head start on next years cards.  This challenge is open till Sunday, Dec. 31st @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, he is so cahUTE!! Glad your Christmas was merry, and NOT white!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love his sparkly little skates! This is darling, Marcia. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas and yummy Christmas Eve meal! No snow here either, 60 on Christmas Day... WHAT!!!???

Cat Craig said...

It was 60 here in Maryland too, today cloudy and rainy. Your penguin is so cute and what fun that he moves. Love your background too. Great start to the 2024 stash!

Bonnie said...

He is super cute and I love that his legs move so it looks like he's really skating! You have done a fantastic background using all these techniques! What a great start on your 2024 Christmas stash!

TK said...

Super fun, and a great card to give! I love the swinging feet, I have a couple of these and they're just so fun!

Birgit said...

This is absolutely adorable Marcia! The background came out amazing. I was studying it for quite some time. The dancing penguin is super cute skating on his little iceberg. Simply adorable!! Glad you had a nice Christmas with your girls. Sorry to hear you all came down sick afterward, but at least you got to be together.

Leslie Miller said...

Adorable! I partook of this sale, too, but haven't used a darn thing yet. Soon. I'm smiling at your happy little fella skating along on his block of ice. Cute scene with the trees and embossed snowflakes. I think I love him! We had a mini-Christmas with a friend and his dogs, but are waiting for our son to come down next weekend for the dinner and presents. Then I will have another Christmas/birthday celebration with a girlfriend in January. It's all good and lots of fun!

Bobby said...

Your cute little skating penguin won't find any ice around here, Marcia. I love this warmer weather but it will be cooling down this week I fear.

Birgit said...

I'm back again..... What a darling winter scene you've created! Just perfect for the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you in the draw!