Friday, December 15, 2023

The Flower Challenge #87 - Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at The Flower Challenge where this month we're looking for GOLD on your cards, along with flowers of course!!


I'm still on a Poinsettia kick and couldn't resist using one of my favorite stamp/die sets from Gina K called Precious Poinsettia.  I love it so much I even made 2 cards with it, so let me show you what I've come up with...


Isn't she a beauty in all her traditional color and gold embossing?!  I used Real Red for the flower leaves and Mossy Meadow for the leaves and then added foam tape to the back before adhering to my background die cut using The Greetery's Twinkle Background Die.  I placed gold mirror cardstock behind the die cut background to add lots of shimmer and shine to my card.


My sentiment was embossed in gold on a strip of Mossy Meadow cardstock and I added foam tape to the back of it also.  


My 2nd card is very similar in that I just changed up the colors using Ballet Slipper (C&9th) and Soft Succulent (SU!) inks along with the gold embossing.  I also used Spellbinder's Hemstitch Rectangle dies for a border around the Poinsettia and finished with some gold thread and a Tiny Tag (PTI) in Soft Succulent cs and gold embossing for the Very Merry sentiment.  

There's lots of GORGEOUS inspiration from the rest of the DT, so check it all out right HERE and then play along and flood our gallery with lots of GOLD and flowers!  This challenge is open till December 25th @ 5:00PM

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

SO beautiful, Marcia - in any color! I haven't played with this Poinsettia enough!
=]

Bonnie said...

This poinsettia is so rich and regal in red and gold and dainty and demure in the pink. Both equally beautiful, Marcia! I got your breathtaking Christmas card today! Wow! I will no doubt try to CASE it! Thanks so much, my friend and enjoy your family this weekend and your rest next week.

Lisa Elton said...

Two gorgeous cards, Marcia! It's easy to see why this poinsettia is one of your favorites! Love the traditional red and gold version but I think your pretty and sage version pink wins my heart tonight!

TK said...

These are very pretty, Marcia! Love your bold color choices on the first card, but both are definitely pretty

Bobby said...

Bright and bold or pretty in pink. Your poinsettias are beautiful in any color, Marcia.

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, Marcia.

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, they're both beauties, but the red and gold's a stunner! Love that stamp, and paired with the Twinkle die background... perfection! Merry Christmas sweet friend!

Leslie Miller said...

She is definitely a beauty, whether red or pink, and I always love a touch of gold! I really love the Twinkle background, too! Merry Christmas, Marcia!

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Marcia, and I'm thrilled that I now have this poinsettia set to make cards as well. Thank you ever so much!! I hope I can do you proud. Merriest Christmas wishes, my friend.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards with that poinsettia. Love the rich tones of the red & gold one and the softness of the pink one. Thanks for sharing these. Have a wonderful time with family and a Merry Christmas.