Monday, December 4, 2023

The Flower Challenge #87 - GOLD

Hello friends.  Happy December!!  It's time for a new challenge here at The Flower Challenge, and this month we'd love to see you add some GOLD to your cards...and flowers too of course!!


Being as it's December, I had to choose a Poinsettia as my flower, and a new set from Concord & 9th/Simon Says Stamp collaboration (Festive Flower) fit the bill nicely! 


 I started by stamping my background first using an older retired SU! stamp called En Francais with Delicata Golden Glitz pigment ink...it really makes my background shimmer!  For the leaves and sprigs I stamped in layers over the scripty background, using my MISTI and spritzing with water after I inked the stamps to give a water colored look.  I used the same faux water coloring technique on the flower, but on a separate piece of white card, and then fussy cut out once it was dry.  


I embossed the center of the flower with gold, but it looked too plain, so I added 3 gold sequins over the top of the embossing.  I attached the flower with foam tape over the leaves and sprigs, and then added a strip of Real Red cs and gold mirror cs to the right hand side of the card.  The joy sentiment was also cut from the same gold mirror cs.  

Make sure you check out all the lovely inspiration from the rest of the DT right HERE and then play along with us...especially if you're trying to finish up those last minute Christmas cards!  We'd love to see YOU in the gallery!  This challenge is open till December 25th @ 5:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Well, it looks like Poinsettias are the bloom of the day at The Flower Challenge! If the bloom fits, right? Such a beautiful card!
I love that gold scripty gorgeousness, Marcia!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love the soft script in the background and the fancy golden joy sentiment. They're the perfect accents to your lovely poinsettia!

TK said...

Very pretty poinsettia with all the shine, but the sparkly background script takes the cake! I'll bet it's stunning

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Your poinsettia is so pretty and looks great on your lovely gold script background. I like how you added the strip of red and gold on the side.

Bonnie said...

This is an elegant poinsettia and I love that watercolor look especially over the gold script background! This is so elegant, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

I love the gold script backdrop for this watercolored beauty!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia! I will never give up my En Francias ... it has to be one of the best script backgrounds and it looks especially beautiful in gold. Love it paired with the pretty poinsettia and leaves. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Marcia! Of course your poinsettia is the perfect December flower and this one with the stamped foliage and gold script is stunning!

Stef Perry said...

What a gorgeous card, Marcia! The faux watercolor turned out so beautifully!! I'm with you and Loll, I will never give up my En Francais background stamp, although I might have to dig around to find it - it's been a while and I so appreciate the reminder of how beautiful it is. Wonderfully done, my friend!

Bobby said...

The gold script looks wonderful behind your watercolored look poinsettia, Marcia. I love the strip of red and gold along the side.

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the script in the background and your water color treatment. The sequins add an extra touch of elegance. This card has a wonderful vintage feel. Just beautiful!