Thursday, December 28, 2023

Peace On Earth #54

Hello friends.  I'm still in Christmas mode and had a new Press Plate from Spellbinder's that fit the mood board beautifully for the current Peace On Earth Challenge.


And here's what I came up with...


I started by masking off the bottom third of the cardstock and then started ink blending with pink, purple, and blue.  If you've never ink blended on cotton cardstock, you really NEED to try it...it blends like soft butter!  Next I used my Better Press and a new Press Plate (Season's Greetings Evergreens - Spellbinders) to create the tree line over the ink blending.  I wish you could see this in person...the deep etching the Better Press does is SOOOOOO cool looking!


I added a black strip of cardstock to ground the top 2/3rds of the card and then finished with the pressed and die cut sentiment (comes with the set) and a few black gems (Gina K).  Oh, and also did some ink splattering with white acrylic paint for snow on the top 2/3rds of the card.  Another easy peasy card and also another for next years Christmas stash.  

You can check out all the beautiful cards from the DT for inspiration right HERE.  This challenge is open till Thursday, Jan. 4th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Marcia, we do think alike - I just put this beauty in my basket yesterday!! I LOve your beautifully blended sunrise sky - this is often the colors I see in the morning when looking East!
Gorgeous Christmas card for 2024's stash, my friend!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love the colors you set those pretty trees in, Marcia and the little splatters of snow you added! This is a lovely way to start that 2024 stash!

Bonnie said...

I am LOVING the Betterpress and can see that it's going to be expensive with all the fantastic plates coming out! This is so beautiful, my friend! Wonderful ink blended background with this pretty stand of trees.

TK said...

Beautiful card, and I too love your new press plate! Pretty inking and a gorgeous impression, Marcia

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, Marcia! This press plate really shows off the advantage of the Betterpress impression. A gorgeous card, beautifully photographed. Love the blended snowy background and the contrast in the image. One done for Christmas next year, too! Way to go!

Bobby said...

The deep etching shows through on my screen, Marcia, so I can just imagine how much deeper it is in real life. It's so beautiful with your lovely ink blending, my friend.

Linda said...

Marcia, gorgeous card. I haven't jumped on the Better Press band wagon yet.
Also thank you for the peaceful scene of trees in the snow card that I received. So beautiful with excellent blending. Stop by my blog if you get a chance, update on the Triplets Christmas.

Loll said...

STUNNING card Marcia. I LOVE the mix of soft ink blended colours behind your gorgeous Christmas trees. What a fabulous image and I can see all that fabulous texture from the Press Plate. What a fun toy that you will enjoy! I'm curious about cotton card stock. When you have time, I'd love to know more about it. Love, Loll

Birgit said...

This is simply gorgeous, Marcia! I love the colors of your winter sky and that tree scene is amazing. What a stunner!!

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous stand of pines Marcia! They look so wintery and dimensional - and gorgeous in the blue/pink! Julia xx