Saturday, August 11, 2018

CAS Watercolour August 2018 - More Sunflowers

Hello friends.  Just a quick post to share a few more cards for this month's CAS Watercolour challenge where the focus is on SUNFLOWERS!



Sunflowers are such a bright and happy flower that I just couldn't resist making a couple more cards!  This 1st card uses a Impression Obsession stamp (F16089)…


I embossed the image in white on water color cs (TH) and then water colored with my Zigs and an Aqua Painter.  I used an old SU! background script stamp called En Francais with Crumb Cake ink and stamped over my Sunflower and then framed it using a PTI die Pierced Feature Frame in Early Espresso cs.  I mounted this to a layered card base and finished with a piece of baker's twine.


My 2nd card uses a Penny Black stamp called Sunny Pair and I placed this stamp in my MISTI and then colored using my Zigs directly onto the stamp.  Once I had the colors how I wanted them, I used my Aqua Painter and moved the color around just a bit to blend.  Layered this to a card base and finished with some jute twine and a tiny tag from PTI's Stemmed Statements.

Still lots of time left to play along with this challenge and would love to see all your sunny SUNFLOWERS in the gallery!!  Play along till the 24th right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Sue said...

Two beautiful sunflower designs, Marcia!

Jeanne H said...

Really lovely cards! I love sunflowers too.

Stephanie said...

Pretty! LOVE the big one!

Christine Alexander said...

two really sunny happy cards. Beautiful sunflower cards Marcia :)

Colleen said...

Your sunflowers are just gorgeous... oh how I want to play, not there yet. Spending too much time icing and using a motion machine. I am sure on my back a lot. I was told day 3 and 4 could be the worst days. I breezed through them, but I think today might be my day 3...more pain! Have a happy Sunday friend!




Papercraft Boutique said...

Marcia, these cards are fantastic in many ways! First, you used the same theme (sunflower) but the way you colored the flowers are different. I especially love the one colored with Zig applied directly onto the stamp. Second, you used Early Espresso cs for matte for both cards, but you added a thick frame to the first one and a tiny tag to the second. In addition, you used strings for both - baker's twine for the first, and linen thread for the second. The script background in Crumb Cake is perfect to give it a finished look too. Thanks for hosting the fun challenge this month! Hideko xx

Loll said...

Two beautiful sunflower cards Marcia!! LOVE the images and how you've coloured them. The first card is perfect with the partial sunflower and the pretty script background. The second card is beautiful with the bright watercolours with the twine and sweet little tag! xx

Linda said...

Two awesome cards, Marcia. I love the second one that looks like a true watercolored sunflower. Both so beautiful.

Bonnie said...

Two more GORGEOUS sunflower cards, Marcia! Love the big one with the script stamp! Beautifully colored! The sunny pair is one of my favorite Penny Black stamps. These sunflowers are so happy and fun! We sure are enjoying your challenge this month!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the delicate coloring on your sweet sunflowers, Marcia! Two beautiful cards!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow you've been busy! Gorgeous CAS Sunflowers - so bright and cheery:)

Lisa Elton said...

Your pretty sunflowers make my heart happy! They say August to me and I love what you've done with them!

Mac Mable said...

Stunning creations, both of them. The espresso looks fabulous against those ever so pretty sunflowers x Stunning inspiration, thank you x

Susanne Vargas said...

Your sunflower cards are so sunny and cheerful and pretty! I especially like the script behind the partially stamped one on the first card! Beautiful designs!

Birgit said...

I love them both so much!! The script print in the background of the large sunflower gives this such a lovely vintage look. So pretty!!!

Susan said...

Marcia, both of these are beautiful! Wonderful watercolouring and great layouts! Love the use of twine on both of them - it really suits sunflowers!