Friday, August 31, 2018

Make It Monday #334 - Glitter Inlays

Hello friends.  Lexi Daly has a FUN (and a little bit messy!!) technique for us with this week's Make It Monday challenge using glitter and die cuts.

I have 2 cards to share with you today since the glitter and mess was already all laying out!  My 1st card uses the Shape Shifters: Square 2 die and the Mum's The Word stamp set.


I used ECD Silk Microfine Glitter in Rust behind my die cut square and then adhered that to a white card base.  My flowers were stamped and fussy cut and arranged around the bottom of the die cut square and my sentiment stamped just below that.  A simple piece of jute twine finished off my card.


Here's a closer up so you can see the sparkle of the rust colored glitter.

For my 2nd card I used the Bold Borders: Shine Die to adhere the glitter to and then just had to try out one of my new stamp sets - Scared Silly!


These little monsters are so FUN to create, and I thought my granddaughter Addy whose favorite color is purple would love a little purple monster!!


Here's another close up photo so you can see the glitter and sparkle better!  I think between the little purple monster and all the sparkle, she's going to love it!!

Check out Lexi's FABULOUS cards and video HERE and then play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Susan Watanabe said...

You’ve out-done yourself again, Marcia! Love the fall-ish colors of your 1st card and the flowers (don’t have the mums set). AND your Halloween card is just precious! One of my granddaughters favorite color is purple too.

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful cards and so pretty with a touch of glitter.

Linda said...

One gorgeous and one fun glittered inlayed cards. Great cards, Marcia.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous glittery design for your pretty mums, Marcia. Your GD is going to love her special purple monster card and all the glitter. TFS your cards and the close ups, my friend. Hugs..

Birgit said...

These are so sweet Marcia! I love the pretty mums and your fussy cutting always puts me to shame. I'm so bad at it and yours looks perfect every time. The monster card is so fun! He is cute, cute, cute and will certainly be bringing smiles with him where ever he goes. A delightful treat to find two fabulous cards today.

Bonnie said...

What wonderful glittery goodness, Marcia! I love the Fall colors of the first card with the mums! I think Addy will love her card with the fun purple monster and lots of glitter!

Loll said...

Lovely sparkle from your two cards Marcia!! Love the fall card with the rust glitter and pretty background die-cut and frame. The flowers is the icing on the cake!! That second card is adorable. Addy is going to love it! xx

Sadie said...

Both of your cards are lovely! Love the elegance of the fall glitter color you used and the cute little monster card is so cute and fun!

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute....so in love with your sweet monster! And your mum's are simply gorgeous! Both cards are just so beautiful.

Lisa said...

Beautiful and adorable!! Love that fall feeling floral and your monster. So cuuute! And love the glitter of course!

lexi said...

two awesome cards!! the mums are so pretty and the monster so fun! thanks for playing make it monday!!

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific cards and I can't stop smiling at that monster... He is so cute!

nancy said...

Those mums look gorgeous against the sparkle of the glitter. And the purple monster is so much fun. Fabulous cards, Marcia.

Lisa Elton said...

Two fantastic cards Marcia! I've always love those mums and they look so pretty with the glittery element on you card. The monster is a cutie patootie!