Monday, August 6, 2018

Gina K Autumn Wreath Builder

Hello friends.  I've been in love with the Gina K Wreath Builder set and the Concord & 9th Turnabout sets since they first came out...they are so much FUN to play around with!  Just recently Gina K came out with the Autumn Wreath Builder set, and of course I HAD to have it!!  (And I hear there's a Christmas one coming too...yay!!)

So anyway, just a quick post to show you a few cards I made using the new Autumn Wreath Builder set, and also a card using the 1st Wreath Builder done in Autumn colors.


This was the 1st card I made using the original Wreath Builder set while I was waiting for the Autumn one to arrive.  I used mostly Gina K inks and then PTI's Honey Nut ink and cardstock.  I love making square cards until it comes time to send them and I have to make a special envelope for it, so for this card I turned it into a A2 size by mounting the square to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base and then added a strip of embossed Honey Nut cardstock and twine to the bottom part of the card.




These 3 cards were all done with the Autumn Wreath Builder set using Gina K inks and assorted cardstocks I had on hand.  The sentiments on the last 2 are from PTI's Autumn Hills set.  The 2nd and 3rd cards were done trying to CASE a card by Jennifer McGuire (HERE) where instead of a wreath, she made more of a swag using an A2 size...I didn't feel very successful until I trimmed them up and finished them off, and now I think they're quite pretty!  There definitely is a bit of a learning curve in using these wreath builder sets and where you place your 1st stamp makes all the difference in the outcome of your wreath (or swag).  But no matter what you end up with, they all turn out pretty and are so much fun to do!!  :0)  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - you've been busy, Marcia!! What a wonderful set of wreath cards, especially all the fall colors! Really love the first friend wreath, though, so delicate and pretty!

Colleen said...

Oh wow, I love love love all these, I have been playing around too and having so much fun with these wreath builders and finding stamps already in my stash to use! Of course I had to buy the Autumn wreath builder since my BFF bought me the first one for my birthday...and of course I will have to have the Christmas one too! I loved JM's swag and I LOVE yours just as much and am in the process of working through that one, it does take a learning curve, but so worth the effort! Fantastic cards my friend! Have a great week...I am afraid it will be a while before I am playing again...but I will keep you posted on my knee and encourage you to have it done! Heart Hugs, Col

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely stunning....all of them. Gorgeous colours and so unique and so very beautiful and wonderfully creative x.

Bonnie said...

I love autumn colors and these wreaths are gorgeous, Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

What a abundance of autumn prettiness Marcia! I can see any one of these card switched up for any of the four seasons just by changing out your colors. Beautifully done!

Loll said...

I had just seen a video using the Gina K Wreath Builder set and thought it was such an incredible tool!! You have made AMAZING cards with it, Marcia!! I LOVE the first one with all the beautiful autumn colours, but not necessarily autumn images. Just goes to show that we can all stretch the use of our stamps if we give it some thought --- way to go! And I love it as an A2 with the beautiful strip of paper and twine finishings. Your three autumn cards are all gorgeous and unique. They look like they have been inspired by your header. :) This is the perfect stamp set for you. Beautiful autumn colours and designs Marcia!! Great work! ..... been on a shopping frenzy the past few weeks ... do I need to get that wreath builder??!! I'm thinking YES! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh they are stunning cards!! You are amazing with colours and the stamping is beautiful!

Birgit said...

Wow! Wow! And WOW ~ These are all stunning Marcia! Your fall colors and these perfectly stamped wreaths have me looking forward to cooler days and the warm colors of the season. I really like how you cut the last one and extended it to fit onto a regular A2 sized card, giving it sort of an oval look. Does that make sense? Anyway... these are beautiful!

Kathy Mc said...

Such a stunning foursome of cards, Marcia! I’ve been contemplating buying Gina's Wreath Builders but haven’t hit the buy button yet. Afraid if I buy one, I’ll want them all. Agree with you on square cards, especially the extra postage if mailing them.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fantastic array of wreath/swag cards, Marcia! Your color choice is amazing! Thanks for the tips about the placement of you 1st stamp! Hideko xx