Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Twofer Challenge #8 - Geometric Shapes

Hello friends.  This month the Twofer Challenge is all about GEOMETRIC SHAPES!


Math was never one of my strong suits in school, so I've had a hard time wrapping my head around this challenge!  And just so you don't think I'm a complete dunce, I do know my shapes, so this really shouldn't have been such a hard challenge at all!  In fact, once I got started, it wasn't hard at all...it was just that old math block messing with my head!!  But anyway, I used a PTI die called Bold Borders: Flare Die for both of my cards and I used it mostly for the rectangle shape in the center, but the die has lots of triangles in it too!  That makes it kind of a "twofer" right there, doesn't it?!!


I made a Fall-ish feeling thank you card and a birthday card using the same Bold Border: Flare Die.


For my thank you card I stamped the center rectangle with my ombre sentiment from PTI's New Every Morning stamp set with Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, & Tropical Teal inks.  I used those same inks plus Berry Sorbet, Pale Peony, Kraft, & Cocoa Bean to stamp my leaves from PTI's Leave It Be stamp set, and then arranged them around the bottom and left side of the white die cut Bold Border: Flare that I adhered to my white card base.  I love doing white on white cards!!  A little bit of Aqua Baker's Twine and a few iridescent sequins finished off my thank you card.


My birthday card features the same Bold Borders: Flare Die cut out in Berry Sorbet cs and also used as my background over a white card base.  I also die cut a 2nd one to use as a stencil over the center rectangle with Abandoned Coral DOX ink so my birdies (PTI - Brushed Birds...nope, not even remotely tired of using them yet!!) had a pretty background to sit upon.  A little tag from PTI's Tiny Tags and some white bakers twine finished off this card.

Only a few more days to play along with this challenge (closes on the 24th), so hopefully you haven't procrastinated like me!  LOTS of FABULOUS inspiration from the DT and in the gallery already, so check it all out right HERE and then play along...Darnell and the gang will be so happy to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Birgit said...

These look wonderful Marcia! I love the non-traditional fall colors of those leaves. Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist with the Pink Peonyy and kraft.... love it!! And who wouldn't love any card with those delightful birds. You rocked this challenge with your geometric background. Well done my friend.

Bonnie said...

I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing these adorable birds, Marcia! I love them in yellow on the pretty pink framing! Love the collage of foliage with the uplifting scripture verse! I think if we leave the thought of math out of the equation, it's not hard to come up with something. It's amazing the difference in meaning between geometry and shapes!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous pair with the Flare Die, Marcia!! The triangle "flowers" also have a circular center so there's a three-fer for ya! Especially love the sweet little birdies!!

Darnell said...

You always make me chuckle, Marcia! First, I hated math and do to this day, so I get you on this and, in fact, I always shy away from geometric challenges because it sounds too much like geometry! I'm telling you, it's interesting having multiple personalities and I'd like to know which one of mine picked that as a Twofer prompt, lol! I struggled, too, and I had to make two Twofers!

But, oh my, you ended up making it look easy! These are sensational! I especially love that you have shown how it is possible to make two completely different designs using a large die like a cover plate! Way to go! I love both your beautiful thanksgiving card with its gorgeous bouquet and your sweet birdie birthday card! I can't imagine ever getting tired of that sweet mama and her chicks! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

Awesome examples, Marcia of how to make 2 beautiful and very different cards with your amazing die plate. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Loll said...

Sweet cards Marcia! I LOVE your coverplate die. It's so pretty and can be used in lots of different ways. Love the fall cards with the leaves and lovely sentiment. Those birds are so adorable ... a very happy card. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

Lisa Elton said...

These are both perfect for the challenge Marcia! I like the pretty little cluster of foliage on the first and of course those lovely brushed birds!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh Marcia, I had to laugh, because I had that very same math mind block! I don't even know why, because they are just shapes we use all the time! Your Twofer is absolutely wonderful! You really achieved two very different looks with your coverplate and your color palettes are gorgeous! Thanks for joining the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Ros Crawford said...

two perfect geometric cards here and I love them both!

Anita in France said...

Two beauties, Marcia ... you've made each lovely card look so different from the other ... such great use of that fabulous cover plate! That's a beautiful verse on the white on white with the gorgeous leafy cluster ... and those little birds are adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)