Thursday, August 23, 2018

Make It Monday #333 - Layering Patterns Over Images

Hello friends.  This week's Make It Monday challenge has Dawn showing us how to layer patterns over our stamped images...check out her BEAUTIFUL cards and great video on "how to" right HERE.

Dawn does flowers so well and I totally wanted to pull all my floral stamps out for this challenge, except that all my new goodies from this latest release had just arrived and I just HAD to play!!  So we'll just pretend that all the Autumn gourds are flowers, ok??


Other than the stems these 2 and 3 step gourds are so easy to line up, and the stems were only an issue I think because of my eyesight...getting a little old here friends!!  But anyway, did some masking to be able to fit 5 of them in on my vertical orientation and then used the Cover Up: Grid stamp in Honey Nut ink over my stamped gourds (Simply Gourd-eous).  Next I used one of the To The Point Edger's II dies to cut off the bottom third of my stamped layer and added it to a Honey Nut cardstock base.


I finished by adding my sentiment from the Words To Live By: Gratitude stamp and die set and also added a few iridescent sequins and a piece of jute twine at the top.

This was definitely a FUN challenge and I will use this technique again with actual flowers next time!  Check out Dawn's beautiful cards and video right HERE and then play along!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Vikki H said...

So pretty and lucky you to already have your gourd set! I love the colors you chose both on the gourds and the card stock!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful fall card, Marcia! Love the sentiment and the gourds!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh, I love those gourds and pumpkin. The bg looks fabulous, and the die cut gratitude is perfect with the rest of sentiment stamped. Can't wait to play with my new stamps. Wish you were here to play together!

Helen F. said...

Marcia! The new Gourds are fabulous and your coloring is amazing! No need to pretend anything about your beautiful card it is perfect for the coming Fall Season

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like what you've done with your new goodies Marcia, this is fantastic!

Loll said...

Fantastic technique. I definitely want to give this a try!! Love your gourd flowers. :) Great design with the top cut and brown underneath. This card matches your blog design perfectly!! :) xx

Ros Crawford said...

How clever! Lovely card and great colours!

Birgit said...

This is so pretty and perfect for fall, Marcia! I'm so in love with those gourds and can't wait for mine to arrive. The colors you used are perfect and they really do match your blog. So lovely!

Susan Watanabe said...

Oh my....love your gourds! And they look even more awesome with the stamped BG pattern! I just received my order yesterday, so I look forward to playing with this set. Thanks for the inspiration. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous,gorgeous,gorgeous! One set that was top of my list and last minute I took it off because I didn't think I would have time to use it.... big mistake! Oh my this is pretty!
I bought my glass Matt on Amazon because I couldn't wait๐Ÿ˜‰ $42 out the door. I love it you will too!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Oh, wow! I haven't played with this gorgeous set yet. I love the gourds and pumpkin and the glorious colors. Fall is my favorite time of year, so I am really loving this card!

Cindy Beach said...

I really love this card, Marcia! Your subtle pattern works perfectly with the gourds. A great fall card!