Thursday, August 16, 2018

CAS Watercolour August 2018 Reminder - SUNFLOWERS

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that our CAS Watercolour challenge using SUNFLOWERS is open till the 24th, and we'd love to have you play along with us!


For my card I used an Impression Obsession set (WP639 Sunflower Set) by Dina Kowal that is a 4 step stamp set that I absolutely LOVE!!  Take a look:



I used the Faux Water Color technique for this card and my MISTI...for each of the 4 steps, after I inked the stamps, I spritzed VERY lightly with water.  I emphasized the VERY because I was a little too heavy handed with the water the first time around, and I ended up with a muddy mess...grrrr!  By spritzing just lightly, I was able to get the ink color to move just enough to give the water color effect.  For my inks I used Altenew's Summer Afternoon set of 4 inks, which include Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Caramel Toffee, & Paper Bag.  I love their sets of coordinating inks...takes all the guess work out of which colors work in a gradient effect!


I used Altenew's Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades inks for the leaves, and the sentiment also comes from the WP639 Sunflower Set.  I added my panel to a white card base and then added a die cut white frame from PTI's Cover Plate: Pretty Frame Die to define the focal point of my card.

Again, this challenge is open till the 24th, so check out the inspiration from the rest of my teammates and our Guest Designer Izzy Scrap, and then play along right HERE.
 
Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card with great faux technique water colouring. The delicate frame looks so pretty x.

Bonnie said...

More beautiful sunflowers, Marcia! This is such a pretty stamp and I love the colors you've used! Such a pretty frame too! Thanks for such a fun challenge, my friend!

Loll said...

Your framed sunflowers are gorgeous Marcia! Wow ... 4 steps, I know I would blow it a few times before I could stamp that many. I'm challenged with just two. :) You did an amazing work! xx

Lisa Elton said...

This is ever so soft and pretty Marcia! I like the way the leaves are peeking out from behind the frame. Just marvelous!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous layered watercolouring, love the mix of yellow and browns and the framing is perfect :)

Birgit said...

Another magnificent sunflower card Marcia. This is gorgeous! Did you use watercolor cardstock for this or regular cs? You have the most beautiful sunflower imagess to play with. I'm wanting them all.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Coloured to perfection and I love the frame!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fabulous sunflowers, Marcia! You did a fantastic job with the Faux Water Color technique and the layered stamping! I did the same mistake recently and the ink got muddy. You inspired me to try the technique again! The pretty frame die-cut leads the eye into the sunflowers and adds interest (the shape is unique).
Thanks so much for hosting the fun challenge! Hideko xx

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! They look amazing!! This is stunning Marcia!

Izzy Scrap said...

Wow ! Very beautiful card, Marcia ! And I love the technique you used, I’ve tried it once and I really loved the final look. I also love the frame you used, very artsy ! I’ve been very happy and honoured to share this beautiful challenge with you this month ! xx