Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Make It Monday #331 - Creating Mixed Background Texture

Hello friends.  This week's Make It Monday challenge has Stephanie showing us how to Create Mixed Background Textures.  Check out her GORGEOUS card and video HERE.

I had fun using the Mighty Bloom Cover Plate die and Sunflower Harvest stamp set to create my card.


I started by die cutting a white panel of the Mighty Bloom and then masked off the top part (about a third) and then used the other 2/3 as a stencil with DOX inks (Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, & Picked Raspberry...love how when I blended the three the Picked Raspberry part looks like Berry Sorbet...one of my FAVORITE colors!!).


Next I stamped a few of the flowers from Sunflower Harvest set with the same DOX inks and the leaves from Peeled Paint DOX ink, and then fussy cut them out and started arranging and re-arranging them on my stenciled and die cut background.  I finally ended up flipping my background upside down and only using the one sunflower, as it was just too crowded and you couldn't see the die cut area and a lot of the stenciled area either!


A couple of my leaves are from Gran's Garden, and did you notice the center of my Sunflower??  I inked up the Cover Up: Grid stamp with the DOX inks and then used it as my ink pad for the circle stamp that fits in the center of the Sunflower!  I LOVE this Grid stamp and think it looks great in the center of my flower!  I also die cut the smallest of the Scalloped Tags dies, and then also stamped the grid again with Bright Buttercup ink before stamping my "hello" sentiment.  A little bit of jute tied around the tag and some iridescent sequins finished off my card.

Make sure you check out Stephanie's BEAUTIFUL card and video, and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Susan Watanabe said...

Wow, this is gorgeous...Marcia! I love the colors you've used (so summery) and that cover plate is
perfect for the challenge. I regret not having that one in my stash.

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely, stunning, gorgeous, what more can I say? So smart to use the same die & stamp for your card. Your ombre stamping is amazing too. Love every detail!

Linda said...

Beautiful Marcia. Love the colors you used. Berry Sorbet is one of my favorites, too.

Bonnie said...

Love the die cut used as a stencil and those beautiful colors, Marcia! The grid stamp makes such an interesting center for the sunflower and makes a pretty tag!

Lisa Elton said...

I adore the beautiful sunset colors you've used on this fabulous card! All of your layers flow together perfectly Marcia, this is so pretty!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous background with the diecut and stenciled portions, Marcia! Just love your flower cluster too!!

Loll said...

Your card is SO PRETTY, Marcia! LOVE how you've used your coverplate as part stencil, part die-cut ... very creative! Your arrangement of leaves and sweet sunflower with that little tag is so fun ... happy! :) The grid makes a great center for your sunflower too! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia your card is gorgeous! That is my favourite blend of DOX inks too. Just looks fabulous!!!

Birgit said...

This is stunning Marcia! I love the colors you used and the grid in the center of the sunflower is an unexpected surprise. Yes, I'd say we were definitley on the same wave length when we were making our cards. Isn't it fun using the same sets but getting two completely different looks? The background of your card is fabulous using that die and your ink blending looks smooth as buttah!

Ros Crawford said...

Does it get more beautiful?? Absolutely gorgeous!

lainey said...

Your ink blending looks fabulous on this card! Such pretty colors and it works really well with Mighty Bloom.

Kathy Mc said...

What a cool card, Marcia, with the colorful mighty blooms! Love how you used the new grid stamp too. I’m way behind in buying new products, and my wish list keeps growing. Beautifully done, Marcia!

Carmela said...

Pretty card, Marcia! I love the die that you chose and your take on the inspiration challenge. Such pretty colors!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

SO brilliant to use Mighty Boom as your stencil, I had it in my hand but was afraid of cutting it. Your card is awesome

Vikki H said...

So so pretty, Marcia! I love your clever stamping with the Grid stamp but it's the blended colors of the Mighty Bloom stencil that provides the "wow" to your project! Gorgeous card!

Kari Hansen said...

Lovely take on the challenge!