Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Twofer Challenge #9 - LEAVES

Hello friends.  I am so excited because this month's Twofer Challenge is all about LEAVES!!  Can you tell by my header that I LOVE leaves??!!


I used a Gina Marie Designs oak leaf die and came up with these 2 cards:



Don't you just love the colors of Fall?!  I love the cooler temps too, but it's the colors that get me every year!  The reds, yellows, and oranges are spectacular here in Michigan, and although the leaves haven't started changing colors yet, they will be in another couple weeks, and then it will be an explosion of color!!


My first card uses both the leaf dies that come in this set by Gina Marie Designs, and I used a scrap of Yupo paper that I had used alcohol inks on...there was just room enough to cut the 3 leaves...YAY!!!  I made this a very CAS card so as not to take away from the beauty of the colors!  Here's a closer up view:


Before mounting my leaves onto my white panel, I used PTI's Mix & Mat: Flourishes die to die cut the frame with holes...love how it frames out my colorful leaves!  I used a Pure Poppy panel behind the white layer (love how you can see the red behind the holes!) and then attached both to a white card base.  Some jute twine and a Tiny Tag (also PTI) with "thanks" stamped on it finished my 1st card.


For my 2nd card I used the same smaller leaf die...can you see it??


Can you see it NOW??!!  I used my die with an embossing rubber mat so that it only left the outline of the oak leaf and didn't cut it like I used it for the 1st card.  I love the subtle background it made for this adorable little girl from Penny Black...Hello Autumn.  I embossed her in black and then colored her with my Copics, and then fussy cut her out.  I added a Pierced Feature Frame (PTI) around my Honey Nut background and attached both to a white card base.  The little girl is pop dotted to add some dimension to my card too.  I also added some jute twine to finish off this card like the first one.

Make sure you check out all the wonderful inspiration Darnell and the DT have provided to get you started and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful leaves on your card. I like how the red show through the holes also. Great way to make the nice background for the cute girl image on your 2nd card. Love them both.

nancy littrell said...

I LOVE your gorgeous FAll colors and CAS design on your 1st card, Marcia. Your 2nd card is Adorable and so creative. Love your Autumn sweet little girl. TFS
my friend. Hugs..

Bonnie said...

Beautiful, beautiful leaves, Marcia! I would love to see the fall foliage in Michigan! I'll bet it rivals VT! NC doesn't have bright colors but I treasure each maple tree around here. Your alcohol inked leaves have wonderful variation of colors just like real life. Love the framing with the red peeking out and the twine bow! The die makes a gorgeous embossed image! That background is so perfect with your adorable little leaf raker! Both are fantastic cards, my friend!

Jeanne H said...

A particularly pretty card duo. Well done!I too love fall colors.

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Marcia, that sweet little sweeper... LOVE her! Both cards are wonderful. You've declared fall with a couple of beauties! And I now declare you the winner. Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

YES, I love the colors of fall! Bright blue Sept. skies with mild temps lead us into the burst of color that autumn brings. And just look at the burst of color on those leaves! Very pretty Marcia. And just don't get me started on that darling PB girl, oh my what a SWEET card!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beautiful leaf cards, Marcia! Just love the trio of colorful yupo leaves in card one & the yummy embossed ones on card two!!

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely fall designs Marcia! the colors on your die cut leaves are so vibrant! and that sweet little girl looking up at the one falling leaf is just adorable and wonderfully colored - a great use of those dies to cut and emboss!

Darnell said...

What beautiful card designs you've created, Marcia! Each one is so well thought out and impeccably executed and detailed! Your leaves look like you plucked them off the driveway and they POP off the matted and peek-a-boo dotted panel! Love the little tag, too! And your little girl and her big rake, sigh, isn't she just the sweetest?! Great design to use your leaf as an embossed background for her and I love that tiny fabulous falling leaf!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #9!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Beautiful leaf cards Marcia! I agree with you ... the colours of autumn are always so uplifting. LOVE your three leaf card. Gorgeous design with the dotty frame, and beautiful mix of autumn colours on the leaves. Your second card is adorable! I love this sweet little girl and the falling leaf. Embossing that background with your leaf die is so clever and creative. It adds so much to this card. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh gosh they're gorgeous! Stunning colours on those leaves and that little girl is adorable... I love the embossed BG too!

Kara Lynne said...

My goodness, those AI leaves are so striking! I love them against the white, and your die cut framing is genius! That little darling and her rake takes center stage on your gorgeous leaf embossed bg! I love fall too, but raking - not so much! So glad you played along with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, how gorgeous your cards are. I love the way you used that leaf die two different ways. It is a perfect embossed background.

Brenda said...

Well done with this challenge! I couldn't find your leaf on your second card, so I had to read your post about where it was. lol I love it and love that little girl, she is just the sweetest. Your autumn leaves are just beautiful, looking so real. Love both of these beautiful cards! Hugs, Brenda

Susanne Vargas said...

New England is also famous for the foliage and I never get tired of the bright yellows, oranges, and reds! Your cards are spectacular, Marcia! The vibrant leaves cut from an AI background simply framed with a little tag are breathtaking! And the embossed leaves make a perfect background for that cute little girl!
Great to see you in the Twofer gallery!

Brenda in IN said...

Your alcohol colors are so bold and vibrant and perfect fall colors. I love the PB little girl and the embossed background is gorgeous.

Birgit said...

Stunning cards my friend! Your fall leaves are brilliant and jump right off the card and what a great idea to use the same die to emboss the background of the second card, which by the way, is totally adorable! Beautifully done!!

Helen F. said...

Two beautiful Fall cards, Marcia. Love the sweet little girl and the Autumn scene you created :-)

Patti H. said...

I love both these gorgeous cards. Great designs & awesome colors!