Monday, September 10, 2018

CAS Christmas Sept. 2018 - WREATH

Hello friends.  This month's challenge at CAS Christmas is to use a WREATH on your card.


Well I do happen to have a few wreath's in my collection (hahaha!!), so the only struggle with this challenge was which one to use?  A stamp? A die?  Hmmmmmmm…


I finally decided on an oldie but a goodie from Reverse Confetti Wreaths Confetti Cuts.  I cut one using kraft ink that I had stamped first with SU!'s Sheet Music background stamp, and then cut another of the wreaths from just plain kraft cs.  I left the inside of the piece of the wreath that I had cut with the music to go along with my sentiment of the Christmas Carol "Joy To The World".  My sentiment comes from WPlus9's A Hand Lettered Holiday stamp and die set.  The Poinsettia is a Gina Marie Designs die and the couple pine sprigs I added are from Penny Blacks new Christmassy die set.  I finished with a simple piece of jute twine at the top.

LOTS of beautiful inspiration to inspire you to play along with this month's challenge...you can check it all out right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th of this month.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas card, Marcia! I love the combination of kraft, red, and white! The subtle music background inside the wreath really compliments the sentiment, and I love that poinsettia! I'm sure you did have a struggle deciding which wreath to use - you are my go-to for any wreath inspiration!

Linda said...

Marcia, what a lovely wreath card. I love your delicate white and kraft wreath with the pop of red. So pretty my friend. Thanks for joining us a CAS Christmas.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful and creative CAS Wreath design, Marcia. I love your kraft, red and white color combo too. TFS Hugs..

Colleen said...

I love your color combo and the fabulous wreath, Marcia and then you put the musical notes inside...perfect!! Thank you for jo in bing us at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

I love your double wreath, Marcia! The kraft and white with the pop of the red is so pretty! Love that twine at the top too! A fantastic, rustic look! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh I just love this! The crisp white, warm kraft and the bright pops of red all add up to FABulous!!

Loll said...

So pretty!! Love your music background with your double die-cut wreath, Marcia. Such a great design with the pop of red for your Joy and poinsettia. The twine is perfect for finishing. xx

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia there are few Christmas color combos I love more than red and kraft! What a gorgeous card! LOve the sheet music... is this ink also SU? xx
=]

Kathy said...

Your card is lovely, all the details just make the message stand out beautifully~

Judy1223 said...

Marcia, yes! I love that joy sentiment so much! I also adore that RC wreath die and the lovely music paper inside the wreath. This card is perfection!!!

Birgit said...

I love the music note background and the focal image off to the side like that. This card is stunning my friend!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful wreath card Marcia. I like the way you used the music background and the two layers of the RC wreath die cuts. I have that die also and need to use it more. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a wonderful week.

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful card!! I love the design!

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love the design and the color palette of the card, Marcia! Stamping the music sheet inside the wreath is a fantastic idea! White, Kraft, and Red create a very warm feeling. It looks like you sponged the pine needles and the leaves. That's a very nice finishing touch. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Susan said...

What a wonderful card for the wreath challenge - love the way it goes off the side of the card and love the music stamped behind it!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card and colour combo. Kraft and red is a classic. Love the music notes background behind it. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Wreath challenge. x

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, you chose my favorite Christmas colour combo. I love Red, Kraft and White so classically elegant.