Sunday, September 16, 2018

CAS Watercolour September 2018 Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a friendly little reminder that there's just over a week left to play along with this month's challenge over at CAS Watercolour.


This month's challenge is all about TREES, and I used an older but beloved SU! set called Sheltering Tree.


I embossed my tree with Early Espresso ink and clear embossing powder, and then stamped my leaves.  This was a bit of a messy process, but I really like the way it came out!  I used my craft mat and sprinkled some Orange Brusho's onto it, and then spritzed with water.  At this point I used the stamp for the leaves and pressed it into the craft mat with the Brusho's and then stamped it over the tree base.  It looked like a giant puddle when I first stamped it and thought I would have to try something else, but once it dried (with the help of my heat tool) it didn't look too bad.  I stamped another layer on top using Crimson Brusho's this time, and again it looked very puddly (is that a word??), but once it dried, I really liked the look of the two colors together!


At this point I added the swing and then attached a strip of Soft Suede cs that I embossed in gold with my sentiment (PTI).  I tied a piece of rustic jute around this panel and then added a layer of fun foam behind it before adhering it to a dry embossed panel that my dear friend Bonnie gifted me last year when I couldn't find the embossing folder anywhere.  (Aren't stamping friends the BEST?!!)  Both panels were attached to a white card base and done.

Make sure you stop by to see all the GORGEOUS inspiration from the DT and our very talented Guest Designer Ros, and then play along with us right HERE.  Remember to keep it CAS (LOTS of WHITE!!) and can't wait to see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your colorful fall tree with swing, Marcia! The dots of leaves blend together so beautifully!!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous stamped Fall Tree and wonderful texture from the dry embossed background. TFS Marcia. Hugs...Nancy

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so pretty, Marcia! I love it! Your Brusho leaves are so vibrant and so many shades of fall foliage colors. The dry embossed background adds interest and the rustic jute is a nice touch. You inspired me to pull out this stamp set and make a card! Hideko xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like this pretty little dotty tree Marcia! The embossed background really caught my eye, it's so pretty!

Loll said...

Beautiful watercoloured fall tree Marcia! LOVE how you've used the diluted brushos to pick up with your leaf stamp. Amazing! Love the finishing touches with the jute and the gold embossing on brown card stock --- so cool! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgeous! Those leaves are wonderful... Terrific autumnal card and I'd love to go on that swing Lol!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, there are few things about childhood I loved more than a good swing! High as I could go, with my toes spread wide as they could go to catch the wind!
Your darling card just gave me that much happiness to remember... xx
=]

Bonnie said...

Your tree is so watery and beautiful, Marcia! I'm going to have to try this technique with the leaves! Love the way you've added the sentiment that grounds the tree perfectly! The swing is a nice touch and it's all perfect on the embossed background!

Birgit said...

Wow Marica, this is stunning! I love the tree swing. I always wished I'd had one growing up but we lived right across from the elementary school that I attended, so no need for a swing when I could walk over to the playground whenever I wanted to. What a charming card!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

great card...love the look of the watery leaves and all the colours make it pop...
xx Karen

Patti said...

Oooohs and Awwws are bubbling up Marcia!! This card is stunning!! : )

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Mac Mable said...

Great little scene making, love the colours and the texture on the dry embossed background looks fabulous x.

Ivana Camdzic said...

O my goodness! This is so pretty! That tree is really capturing all the beautiful changing leaves we're seeing around here right now..So vibrant and stunning! Really love the little swing too :)

Helen F. said...

Wonderful tree image and beautiful card, Marcia! Love the Autumn scene you created :-)