Thursday, September 27, 2018

Make It Monday #337 - Packaging With Printed Papers

Hello friends.  This weeks Make It Monday challenge has Melissa doing a picture tutorial on different packaging techniques with printed papers to get us ready for the upcoming holidays!

I have 2 to share with you today...they're just too much fun to make to stop at one!!  My first one I did a lot of CASE-ing of Melissa's because I just LOVED her paper choices!!


I used the Pillow Box Die with the Aqua Mist Bitty Big DSP and tied a sheer red ribbon around it...LOVE aqua and red together for Christmas!!  I used the Made With Love Tags 2 die and Real Red Bitty Big DSP for the back layer and white for the top layer and then added the cup from Merry Mug, the Be Merry is from the Bold Borders: Yuletide, and the snowflake is from Fancy Flakes.


This close up shows a bit better the sparkling embossing powder I used on the whipped cream, the candy cane strip on the cup, and the snowflake.  It really sparkles IRL!!  I tied the tag to the ribbon with red & white bakers twine.

For my 2nd one, I started with Kraft Bitty Big DSP and the Pillow Box Die and some more sheer red ribbon.


I used the same Made With Love Tags 2 die with Real Red and white cs and then stamped the white part of the tag with the Quoted: Favorite Things stamp set with Real Red and Kraft inks.  I added the Dash Away All die cut from Kraft cs and sponged the edges with Vintage Photo DI, and then pop dotted it on my tag.

 
I finished by tying the tag to the ribbon with red & white bakers twine, and also added another Fancy Flakes snowflake under the sheer red ribbon.

These were both so fun to make, and I already have a couple more cut out that just need to be decorated yet.  Christmas is such a FUN time to craft for!!  Check out Melissa's 3 FABULOUS gift packages HERE and then play along!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Marcia these are stunning!!!

Susan Watanabe said...

Haha! We definitely think alike on this challenge. Love your sweet little holiday pillow boxes with matching tags, Marcia! I don’t own the pillow box die...they look likecthe perfect size to hide a GC. :)

Patti said...

TWO winners Marcia!! the recipient won't even need to look at the gift they are attached to!! : )

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Marcia, your treat boxes are the gifts themselves! So wondrous, each detail is perfect. LOVE the toasted marshmallow on the cup, and the sweet sweet deer so softly shaded. Perfection, both. Addie must love visiting Gma's craft room and playing among the goodies! xoxo

Loll said...

These are adorable packages Marcia!! What a great way to present a special gift. Love both versions. Especially love the "my favourite things" stamp on the tag with the brown paper package! Very creative and fun! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness are these ever fabulous! Of course I adore those polka dot pillow boxes and the sheer ribbon is ever so pretty. But the toasted marshmallow and lightly inked deer are the icings on your cakes!

Carmela said...

Very pretty, Marcia! Love your designs.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! These are so pretty Marcia... Beautifully done!

Birgit said...

I love them both Marcia! Red and aqua has been a long time favorite of mine and I'm loving the kraft and red too! The slightly toasted whipped cream with all its glittery goodness looks so yummy! I'll be by for a cup of cocoa soon my friend.

Bonnie said...

Polka dots are such fun and I love how you've used two sizes on the first project! Love that aqua and red together too and that ribbon is gorgeous! I love how the quote from My Favorite things fits on the second tag and the reindeer! Your sponging added wonderful dimension!

Linda said...

These little gift packages are just right in your expertise, Marcia. Two fabulous gift packages. Have a great weekend, my friend.

Helen F. said...

Both of these gift pillow boxes are fabulous, Marcia! Love the aqua and red combo for Christmas (or any other time) and the tags are perfect compliments to those polkie patterns! :-)

Papercraft Boutique said...

These packages & tags are so pretty, Marcia! Great use of the patterned paper! I love the color combo and the sponging is a very nice finishing touch! Hideko xx

Sadie said...

Marcia, these packages are too cute! Love both of them. Red is my favourite Christmas color and you've added it to the aqua and kraft perfectly.