Sunday, September 2, 2018

CAS Watercolour September 2018 - TREES

Hello friends.  Loll is hosting the challenge this month at CAS Watercolour and she would like to see a TREE (or TREES) on your CAS cards this month.


As you can tell by my blog header, I love anything to do with leaves and trees, so this was definitely a FUN challenge for me!  I used a simple Impression Obsession tree stamp (E9249) and came up with this:


I stamped my tree with Versafine Black ink and then thoroughly let it dry before water coloring the tiny leaves with my Peerless Watercolors.  I hadn't used these in a while and had forgotten how rich and translucent the colors were!  I used Brilliant Yellow, Orange Yellow, & Japonica Scarlet.


While my leaves were drying I made a frame using  multiple layers of a stitched square die (Gina Marie Designs) and then attached to my tree image.  It looked really plain on my white card base, so I made a background using Orange Brusho's and really like how it turned out...it was perfect to add my framed tree to!  My sentiment is from Clearly Besotted's Autumn Flowers and I use this sentiment every Fall...it just seems so perfect for this time of year!

Head on over to the CAS Watercolour site to see all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT and our Special Guest Designer this month (Ros), and then play along with us.  The challenge is open till the 24th and you can check it all out right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a glorious background for the striking tree. Love the sentiment and such a wonderful layout with reversing the CAS 'white' space to the inner, which really draws your eyes in X

Colleen said...

Fantastic background, the colors are definitely fall and I love them! Gorgeous tree!! Heart Hugs, Col

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful design, I love the vibrancy of the Peerless watercolours and the sweet tree:)

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Background, it's so perfect for you simple line tree. Awesome card :)

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Brushos Fall watercolored background, Marcia for your pretty delicate Fall framed tree. I absolutely Love your sentiment. Yes, perfect for this time of year. TFS your beauty. Hugs...

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your Brusho background is gorgeous, Marcia! I love it! It's full of beautiful fall colors and your tree pops against it. The dimensional white frame is perfect for showing off the simple tree image with the pretty leaves. Hideko xx

Loll said...

Sweet and delicate tree Marcia. Looks so pretty in the stitched framing. Love the punch of colour from your brushos background. Great work, my friend! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my gosh you captured Autumn perfectly with this gorgeous card and that lovely BG. Beautiful tree Marcia! So happy to be joining you this month!

Birgit said...

So, so pretty! I love the background you created using the brusho's. I haven't pulled mine out in a long time. Maybe it's time again because this card is gorgeous. The simple fall tree is framed perfectly. Love this so much! Thanks for the gorgeous inspiraiton.

3kidmama said...

This is just gorgeous!

Julia Aston said...

Orange is not a color I grab for often - but your orange Brusho background is so gorgeous Marcia! love your simple tree with the lovely little orange leaves too!

Bonnie said...

Oh, my, I love this sweet tree with the pretty Autumn leaves, Marcia! The Brusho orange background is so perfect and I LOVE that sentiment! What a lovely card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pretty sunset colors you created with the Brushos! They're very eye catching and are the perfect background for the sweet little tree!

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful Marcia, I like how you added the colour to your bkg and left the image pretty plain.
xx Karen

Susan said...

I am so behind in my commenting - sorry! I love your beautiful autumn card with the simple tree so well framed. And what great colour coordination between the Brushos and the Peerless!