Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - Sept. 2018

Hello friends.  Feels like forever since the last Papertrey Ink Blog Hop, (last month the 25th fell on their Stamp-A-Faire weekend, so they didn't have the blog hop) so I'm thrilled it's the 25th and can play along!  We had a beautiful Fall table setting as inspiration for this hop...take a look!


Isn't is GORGEOUS?!!  Loved everything about this photo, but in the end I went with a real CAS style (which seems to be my favorite style lately!) and just incorporated some of the color, the pumpkins, and the leaves.  Here's what I came up with:


My first thought was to stamp a plaid background because I just love the colors in the tablecloth, but it didn't really go with my vision of CAS!  So anyway, I used an Aliexpress die to do a white on white plaid for my background, and then added the pumpkins from Simply Gord-eous and the leaves from Leaf Prints.


I stamped both on kraft cardstock and had fun doing a bit of blending around the edges and also adding some aged copper embossing enamel to the leaves.  A little banner tag from Stemmed Statements with a piece of rustic twine and a few rainstones finished off my card.

It's always fun to see how everyone else interprets the inspiration photos, so I'm off to hop around!  You can too by clicking right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


24 comments:

Birgit said...

Your card emulates fall beautifully Marcia! I love the white on white plaid background. It really makes those gorgeous fall leaves and gourds pop. The chunky emossing on the leaves is wonderful!!

Lisa said...

This is a beautiful card... love the design and CAS feel and those images are perfect! Thanks for stopping by my place too!

Susan Watanabe said...

Aha, great choice of Betsy’s Simply Gourd-eous (fast becoming one of my favorites)! Love your beautiful fall leaves too...makes for a perfect Fall card. ;)

Kim Heggins said...

so beautiful Marcia! love your fabulous background!

Luanne said...

I love the white on white plaid. Such wonderful texture it adds! Gorgeous ❣️❣️💗

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Marcia!

adele holcomb said...

Love the white-on-white background! What a lovely way to showcase the cluster of pumpkins and leaves!

Carmela said...

Very pretty, Marcia. Love the embossed white background.

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Marcia! LOVE the white plaid behind that gorgeous arrangement. The leaves are just beautiful with the coppery ep. And those devine gourds, just perfect. Love this card!

Jill S said...

This definitely catches the eye. Just the next balance between your backdrop and your pumpkins. Nicely made.

Dana Kirby said...

Marcia your card is Beautiful!! I love your background and white space!! So Pretty!!

Julia Aston said...

Your leaves and pumpkins look lovely against the white die cut plaid background Marcia - love the sparkle on the leaves, the dew drop on the pumpkin and the sweet sentiment tag!

Greta said...

Perfect background & beautiful card! I intended to use some plaid, but just didn't work. Maybe my next card as this month's inspiration deserves another card!

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Marcia! Love the elements and background! Lovely card!

Bonnie said...

Love this white "plaid" die cut and the wonderful harvest of pumpkins! A beautiful take on this photo challenge, Marcia!

Sadie said...

Oooooooh I love that die that you used behind your pretty leaves and pumpkins! Great choice! Very beautiful card. The white on white is so striking and just a perfect classic combo.

Kathryn A said...

I love your white on white background! Wonderful texture behind the contrasting leaves and tag. Awesome card!

Patti said...

This is incredibly pretty!! I can almost smell the pumpkin pie and cinnamon!!

jazzyscrapper said...

Marcia I really like the embossing on the leaves and that white background is perfect to set off the colors you choose.
Terri

Joyce said...

This is stunning. Love those glittery leaves and the nice big pumpkins you stamped. And, that plaid die is a stunner. I've never seen it before--off to look it up!

Lisa Elton said...

This is CAS prettiness Marcia! I was immediately drawn to the white plaid background and thought what a GREAT idea! I like the sparkle you added to your leaves too!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Marcia!! LOVE the you used your plaid die-cut with white-on white. It shows so much dimension and texture, but lets the leaves and pumpkin's colours pop! The copper fantage on the leaves adds a special details. Great card using the inspiration photo! xx

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Gorgeous card, Marcia! LOVE your pumpkins/gourds. Such a pretty layout! I need a pumpkin stamp...

Vikki H said...

Marcia, your pumpkins & leaves are beautiful but that background- WOW!! Your cards continue to inspire!