Monday, September 24, 2018

Washi Christmas Tags

Hello friends and Happy Monday!  Hope you all had a great weekend!  It was cool AND sunny here in my neck of the woods and I couldn't have been happier!  Actually made a roast (with all the fixings!) and apple dumplings for dinner yesterday and also had a great time in my craft room making Christmas Washi tags!  And the house smelled divine while I was crafting away!

Washi Christmas tags?  Dawn McVeigh had a FABULOUS post last week (HERE) showing Autumn tags she had made using Washi tape and they were SOOOO pretty!  Make sure you click on the link to them if you haven't already seen her post!!  Dawn said a lot of us (including me!) had asked her what she uses Washi tape for, and that was why she had done her post.  I've gotten sucked into buying the pretty rolls of tape and then they sit there, other than to hold a die in place or put across the back of an envelope, so Dawn's post really got me going.  Take a look at what I did yesterday:


Yeah, I may have gone a bit crazy, but they were so FUN and EASY to make!!  Dawn added a lot more to her tags, but I kept mine very simple so the Washi Tape and my sentiments were the stars!


I started by cutting 3 1/4 x 3 3/4 inch pieces of white cardstock and then added my strips of washi tape, starting at the bottom and going up until my piece was totally covered.  Then I used the Tag Sale #12 die (PTI) to cut out the ornament shape and oh how pretty!!  Between the edges of the die and the Big Shot, the washi tape is firmly adhered to the cardstock...I was worried that maybe the edges would start to pull up, but they are solidly attached!


My next step was simply die cutting the nesting circles (included with the die) and then stamping the sentiments.  This "be very merry" stamp is an older SU! one and the others are all from PTI's Christmas Blessings stamp set.


I did make a trip to Michael's and Hobby Lobby this weekend to grab a few more rolls and Hobby Lobby had great Christmas rolls on sale for 40% off, so that's where some of my washi tape designs are from and the rest were just what I already had on hand from collecting over the years.

Most years I do a wrapping theme of sorts for our Christmas gifts, and this year I'm going to use just plain kraft paper on all our gifts with red and green tulle for the bows...these tags are going to look fantastic on my packages!!

 
So there you have the recap of my weekend and I couldn't be happier with the head start I got on making tags!  Many thanks to Dawn McVeigh for her wonderful creativity and inspiring me to make my own Washi tags!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fantastic tags, Marcia - that washi looks amazing!! What a beautiful package too!!

Bonnie said...

You are going to have the prettiest presents under your Christmas tree, Marcia! Love these tags using Washi tape and the red tulle is so pretty on the kraft wrapping paper!

Lisa Elton said...

I just checked out Dawn's post to see her pretty little autumn tags! And now I get to drink in the festive little Christmas beauties you're sharing with us! I LOVE this idea so much. My neglected jar of Washi thanks you LOL!!

Loll said...

Your tags are AWESOME!! What a great way to use washi tape. They are so beautiful layered for your tag die (also a gorgeous shape!). Wonderful design with the framed circle sentiment. Your packages under the tree this year are going to be so pretty with the kraft paper, red tulle and those tags! Love, love, love them! xx