Wednesday, November 7, 2018

12 Tags of Christmas

Hello friends.  I'm in full tag mode right now and have a couple to share that I made for Loll's 12 Tags Of Christmas event.


This is a mixed media tag event, and I had fun last night making some Stencil Monoprints with DOX inks and turned them into the following 2 tags and a card.


I used Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Shaded Lilac, & Peacock Feathers on my snowflake stencil (PTI), and then when it was dry I added my die cut polar bears (PB) and a torn snow hill along with an embossed silver sentiment (PTI).  Very simple but I love the way it turned out!!


This tag used the same colors of ink and snowflake stencil, but after it was dry I used a background script stamp (SU!) and white embossing powder.  I added a tree (SSS) that I die cut 5 times to give it some dimension and then added a black banner that I embossed in white.

I also had just enough of the piece left to make this card:


I used a Memory Box die (Evergreen Window) to die cut the image and then die cut again in the center of a white layer and inlaid the monoprint piece and attached to a white card base.  Thought about adding a sentiment but in the end decided to leave it plain...I like it just as it is!!

Here's a few of the pieces I didn't use:



I think anyone who's ever done stencil mono printing knows you can't just make one and quit!  And now I have more for another day!!  :0)

Make sure you check out all Loll's beautiful tags and all her GD every day through the 16th and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think I need to do some more stencil monoprint after seeing these, Marcia! Love the snowflake backgrounds and the sweet polar bears! The tree is perfect as it shows lots of the pretty monoprint, stamped and embossed background! A beautiful background for this grove of trees too!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Marcia, bravo! The polar bears look peaceful on their snowy journey. I love the pretty script background behind the tree. Oh heck, I love it all!!

Susan Joyce said...

Love you beautiful tags and card Marcia, I need to use this technique more often especially after seeing yours.

nancy littrell said...

Both your tags and one card using your stencil monoprint background, turned out beautifully. TFS Marcia and the inspiration. Hugs..Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

your stencil monprints are beautiful Marcia, I love trolling through my UFO box and for them and then making a bunch of cards.
Your tags are stunning, I love the tree and I have that polar bear die and need to pull it out :)

Nstiz said...

Wow, I fumble when stacking two layers but never have done five. I bow to you for that one. These are just beautiful and love your color combination.

Loll said...

Two fantastic tags Marcia!! Stencil monoprint is one of my most favourite stenciling techniques and you have done an amazing job! I agree ... just like Lay's potato chips, one is never enough. I have a packet full of monoprints just waiting to be made into cards. I can't stop myself! :)

I LOVE the beautiful snowflakes and the gorgeous colours of blue and purple. Your mama and baby polar bear are so sweet! Gorgeous tag!

Your second tag is so cool with adding the embossed white script over top of the monoprint. Just goes to show how layering can add so much! Beautifully done ... love your die-cut white trees stacked for dimension and the contrast with the black sentiment banner! Awesome design!

Your card is a great way to use up a smaller piece of your left over stencil monoprint with script. I LOVE this die ... looks so amazing with your gorgeous sky! Thanks for playing along at the TTOC 2018! xx

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous tecnique and I know exactly what you mean about not stopping and then have lots to play with later. Such beautiful colours on the two tags and the card.
Love the cute first one with the crisp white polar bears against that wonderful background and they sure look like they are walking through the pile high snow.
Love how you stamped the text stamp and embossed on the second tag over the beautiful background and the layering if the die cut tree with the pop of black for the sentiment looks amazing.
What a beautiful CAS card, so elegant and yes no sentiment required.
Thank you for the stunning inspiration and you sure look like you had fun X

Anita in France said...

Such a gorgeous colour combo for your monoprints, Marcia ... love the fresh, almost frosty feeling of those delicious shades with all the crisp, glorious white! Beautiful tags, beautiful card! Hugs, Anita :)

Ros Crawford said...

I love the inlaid die card Marcia and your backgrounds are wonderful... Two more incredible tags once again... What a talent!

Birgit said...

Wow! These are all gorgeous. I've never done this technique but I love the results. We need to get together again and have this technique on the list of things you'll teach me. ;0) The scripty background looks lovely over the colors you've used. The polar bears tag is so sweet and the evergreen trees is perfect just the way it is. No sentiment needed. They're all stunning my friend!

Tee said...

I've never done that technique either. Beautiful tags and card!