Thursday, November 8, 2018

Make It Monday #342 - Envelope Bags with Patterned Paper

Hello friends.  Lexi is doing this week's Make It Monday challenge with a technique that I did years and years ago with envelopes, but back then we called it "bagalopes"!  I never thought to do it with patterned paper though and they sure are pretty!!

I used the Pure Poppy Bitty Big plaid paper to make my gift bag and had to do it twice!  I think I scored too hard the first time and the paper was ripping in the seams...grrrr!  Did a lighter touch the 2nd time and came up with this:


I still had a tag I'd made last year using the Dash Away All die and the Snowflake Medallion die and it fit beautifully on the front of my bag!  Here's a closer up so you can see the detail:


The Snowflake Medallion die is just done with plain white cs, and then the next layer is a black snowflake (part of the Medallion die) that I added red glitter to the tips of.  The Dash Away All deer was die cut from some plaid I made with Pure Poppy cs and Pure Poppy and black inks.  A little drop of black Nuvo Drops made the eye and then I also added a Tiny Tag and attached with a mini clothespin at the top of the bag to keep it closed.  Pretty quick project as I already had the snowflake/deer tag made, but I love how it turned out and will make a great presentation for a small gift!  :0)

You can check out Lexi's beautiful gift bags and great video for how to's right HERE and then play along!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

I remember bagelopes :), love that plaid bag, it's going to make such a beautiful gift bag. Your leaping deer is a perfect match.

Patti said...

Bagelopes!! I remember those!! : ) I love your sweet gift bag. Your paper selection is A+++

Bonnie said...

What a pretty plaid bag and I love the coordinating plaid reindeer! The snowflake adds wonderful contrast between the plaids!

Lisa Elton said...

Your tag looks right at home on your sweet red patterned bag! This is fabulous Marcia!

Ros Crawford said...

This is beautiful!! I love the plaid and the snowflake and deer really look so amazing!

Anita in France said...

That's such a lovely, dimensional, festive gift bag, Marcia ... the cosy plaid is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Sadie said...

You've created a very cute festive bag! Love how you added the extra to the plaid paper for the deer and additional red glitter on the snowflake. Very nice touches!

Birgit said...

Beautiful Marcia! The snowflake and leaping reindeer are the perfect addition to this sweet plaid bag. Love it! Would you mind sending me a couple of those sweet snowflakes??

Vikki H said...

Classic Christmas and perfect combinations of pattern! Love this!

Susan Watanabe said...

This is splendid, Marcia! Love your layered reindeer on snowflakes! 😁

Helen F. said...

Oh I just LOVE your sweet Gift Bagalope, Marcia! So very festive for Christmas treats. And ~ look at you ~ posting a patterned reindeer BEFORE it shows up in the PTI Release this month!!! :-)

TLady said...

Marcia, have you heard who won this challenge?