Monday, November 12, 2018

Twelve Tags of Christmas - More Tags

Hello friends.  Hope you're not tired of seeing Christmas tags as I'm still cranking them out!  I do sell a good portion of my tags though, so no worries that I'm buying hundreds of gifts so that I have tags to attach to them!

I got a couple new stamp sets from Stamplorations thanks to Nancy who is so good at enabling, and made up a couple of tags and a card using one of the stamp sets called Layered Poinsettia's.

I used a couple of PTI's Bookmark Dies (#2 & #3) to cut my tags...one in a rustic kraft and one in white.  I used SU!'s Sheet Music background stamp with Tea Dye distress ink and then got out my Lindy's Magicals and tried the technique where ink your stamp with Versamark ink and then use a damp paintbrush to add the Lindy's Magicals powder over the Versamark.  I spritzed lightly with water and then stamped on my tags...the shimmer and shine is incredible!!  Now if I could just figure out how to capture it on my photos!!  I used Autumn Maple Crimson and Ponderosa Pines Olive for the Poinsettia and leaves.  Next I stamped the outlines and then embossed my sentiment from PB's Yuletide Wishes in black.

And because I still had all my supplies out I made a card too...


LOVE this stamp set...it really makes me look good!  Hahaha!!  I used just regular ink (Gina K's Red Velvet, Cherry Red, & Fresh Asparagus inks) to stamp the flower and leaves this time.  After stamping my sentiment (again from PB's Yuletide Wishes) I layered to a piece of Real Red cs and then adhered that to a white card base.  A few iridescent sequins finished off my CAS card.

You can check out Loll's tag event right HERE and be totally inspired and then play along too!  This tag event is open till this Friday the 16th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Birgit said...

What a fun layered poinsettia set that is Marcia! Your tags and card are totally swoon worthy. Stunning, to be exact!

Anita in France said...

These are each so artsy and unstructured, Marcia ... and festively fabulous! I'm imagining the shimmer from the magicals ... and it's gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

Amazing tags and card, Marcia! You may think it's the stamps that make you look good, but let me tell you, YOU make you look good! You're just that good! I love your layering, and I can just imagine the Magicals!

Loll said...

Looks like you've had a ton of fun with this great stamps set, Marcia!! The tags are awesome. Love both versions. It's amazing how different they look with just one singe, subtle change in background colour. Fabulous with the musical stamped background. And love the bright colours from the modern stamped poinsettias. I can imagine how shimmery they are from the magicals. :) Thanks for playing along, sweet friend! xx

nancy littrell said...

Wow...2 Gorgeous vintage style tags and 1 beautiful CAS card design with your new Layered Poinsettias stamp set, Marcia. I loved the sentiments on all 3 projects too. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

I learned how to get the shine from the Magicals from Hideko...lay your tags or card down and tip a bit with an object behind the project. I have a few in my blog and Hideko has many more. It really works! I also use a tripod so do not get a blurry image. Hope that helps. Hugs..

Helen F. said...

Oh I haven't tried this technique, but I really love the look you achieved with your beautiful artsy tags and card, Marcia.

Lisa Elton said...

Love that arty poinsettia! Your card is pretty but those tags have me swooning! And you, my sweet friend, ARE THAT GOOD and more!!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous tags and card, Marcia! You've done a wonderful job with that poinsettia and the sentiments are such a perfect fit!

Christine Alexander said...

these look like such fun Stamp sets Marcia, I love the vintage look and can imagine what the magicals look like.

Tee said...

These are gorgeous!! Love the poinsettia!

Patti said...

Wow!! I am with you! I LOVE this beautiful stamp set!! It is such a stunning style for the poinsettia! Great cards!! delightful tags!! A+++