Monday, November 19, 2018

CAS Mix Up Nov. 2018

Hello friends.  Playing along with this months challenge over at CAS Mix Up where they are looking for embossing folders used on your cards.


Here's what I came up with:


I used 2 different embossing folders, die cutting, Color Bursts, and stamping...BUT, my stamping is on the inside!  I just couldn't bring myself to add anything else to the outside of this card, so the stamped sentiment on the inside will have to do!!  My Color Burst panel was actually made a long time ago and was in my stash box, but I believe the color I used was Crimson and I had run it through a brick embossing folder.  I know it doesn't make much sense to have a family of deer up against a brick wall, but the contrast of the black silhouette against the Crimson color and surrounded by all the white was just to perfect to not use!  The die cut is using an AliExpress die I received as a gift last year (thank you friend!!) and the snowflake embossing folder I used is from Darice.


This challenge is open till the 24th and there is so much BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT, so check it all out and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's terrific!! I love the gorgeous richness of those colours in your frame!

Lisa Elton said...

I have this embossing folder too and have always loved it! Wonderful burst of color in your background, this is pretty Marcia!

Bonnie said...

The silhouetted deer do look awesome against all that red, Marcia! So pretty with the snow falling all around them!

I Card Everyone said...

I love these bright red sunsets we don't see often, but when we do, doesn't it seem magical? Just like this magical card, Marcia! xx
=]

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, that background colour is out of this world jaw dropping. I love that card :)

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous colorburst and dry embossed brick wall for your deer, Marcia. The deer in our area can be seen just about every where, so I can visualize them up against a brick wall, my friend! Beautifully framed with the white snowflake EB folder too. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

SO COOL!! LOVE your double embossed card Marcia!! The deep red of the center panel is gorgeous with the brick embossing and the black silhouette. The contrast is awesome! Speaking of contrast ... adding the white snow embossed framing really makes a statement. This is a STUNNING design, my friend! xx

Mac Mable said...

Wow your card is so eye catching and absolutely stunning. Love the beautiful colours and the texture of the embossing folder for the background and the dark silhouette of the die cut looks fabulous against it. Such a pretty embossing folder to finish off the framing of your wonderful card x. Amazing contrast and texture....love it x.

Sue said...

Stunning card! I love the rich red you achieved and the deer and tree silhouettes just pop against the red. I love how you made the embossed frame, too. Beautiful!

Anita in France said...

I saw a rich red sunset as the backdrop for that sweet deer family, Marcia ... and it's gorgeous ... brilliant with the crisp white snowy frame! Hugs, Anita :)

Jo said...

This is so special. I do adore that beautiful background, well done, the brick dry embossing works for me. Your design is especially unique and gives a richness to this beautiful card. xxx

Julia Aston said...

Goodness Marcia - you really captured light on your Brusho embossed background - love the silhouette deer in front!