Thursday, November 15, 2018

Create Along With Us - Nov. 2018

Hello friends.  I feel like all I've done for the past 2 weeks is post to my blog and IG daily to keep up with the tag challenges, but I do have to admit that I am having a blast!  There are some regular challenges that I like to play along with though and I feel like I am trying to just cram them in, so excuse me if you feel like I'm posting too much...this will all change in another 2 weeks and then you will wonder if I've fallen off the face of the earth!  JK!!  But I won't be posting as much once the tag challenges are done.

Because this is a release week at Papertrey Ink, I am playing along with their Create Along With Us challenge where we pick a card from one of the designers to try and CASE.  Every month it's hard to pick just one, but I knew on the 1st day that I had to copy Lizzie's card using the new Enchanted Forest set...I totally fell in LOVE!!


Isn't this just the prettiest card?!!  I fell in love with the nighttime sky and the colors: Ocean Tides, Pine Feather, & Mint Julip.  Here's what I came up with:


I started by blending my sky with Blueberry Sky and Enchanted Evening inks and then splattered with a bit of water and then splattered again with a bit of white acrylic paint.  For my trees I used In The Meadow and O'Tannenbaum and then added my snowbanks using the In The Meadow dies and running them through a hardwood embossing folder before adding Dazzling Diamonds glitter.


I love the way Lizzie did her sentiment and I used a rectangle die to cut out and stamp and emboss my sentiment (Penned Elegance: Christmas) in gold and then laid it back in with foam tape on the back to give the dimension.  My little rabbit is also from the In The Meadow set and I pop dotted him for some dimension too.

LOTS of inspiration as usual to choose from, so play along and you might win a $25 gift certificate!  You can check out all the details right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! Your card is absolutely beautiful!! I love the background and the scene is so pretty I would frame it!

Susan Watanabe said...

This is gorgeous, Marcia! And a CAS perfection. I love the texture/glitz you’ve achieved with your snowbanks! I have grown tired of some challenges and have thus dropped one of the sites I frequent (no, not papertrey), not to mention I need to budget more...holidays around the corner. >.<

Patti said...

Oh wow!! fantastic CASE Marcia! O just love your perfectly executed little scene!

NEVER worry about posting too much!! I just love love love seeing all your delightful creations!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fabulous CASE Marcia! Love your frosty forrest, snowy hills and that sweet little bunny!

Christine Alexander said...

I can see why you fell in love with the that night sky and wanted to CASE it. I might have to do the same :) Your card is gorgeous Macia, and I love those mix of trees and your sweet rabbit.

Birgit said...

Whaaaaat???? Who needs the new stamps when you can create something this wonderful with what you have? Such a great use of all those different trees... they just go together.
You did an amazing job on this card my friend!!

Bonnie said...

What a sweet and peaceful scene, Marcia! Love the glistening snow and little bunny!

Lyn said...

YOur card is gorgeous and expressive, I so feel the quietness with that lone little bunny sitting on the snow mound......Beauiful

Betty Wright said...

WOW! This is beautiful, Marcia! Love your perfectly blended sky and the images you chose for the recreation! Wonderfully done!

Vikki H said...

Incredible from the background blending, stamping of trees and all that great glitter!

Jill S said...

What a beautiful card!

Helen F. said...

Awww, I love the sweet scene you created, Marcia. The sentiment design is so pretty and the little rabbit in this forest is adorable. Beautiful CASE of Lizzie's card :-)

Anita in France said...

What an absolutely charming winter scene, Marcia ... such a sweet bunny in the woods ... and fabulous, shimmery, texture-y snowdrifts ... lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

jan metcalf said...

Sweet little scene, really like the glitter hills! Pretty coloring!