Thursday, June 20, 2019

CAS Stencil June 2019 - Perfect Pearls/Pearl-Ex

Hello friends.  Decided to be brave and play along with this month's CAS Stencil challenge after reading Ros's post...if she could do it, so could I!!  It did take some searching to find my Perfect Pearl pots, but I persevered!!  I have a package of 12 different colors and I think I used the gold once many years ago, and the rest have been unopened!


I started with a piece of black cardstock and a SSS stencil (Bouquet of Roses) and came up with this very simple card:


I used my versamark pad through my stencil onto the black cardstock, and then applied the Perfect Pearls with a small damp paintbrush.  After removing the stencil I used a tissue to remove the extra powder and buff the cardstock just a bit, and low and behold, there was the pearlized shine!  Here's a closer up where you can see it a bit better:


I framed my piece with PTI's Pierced Feature Frames dies and adhered both to a white card base.  My "hello" sentiment is from Gina K and I die cut it with SU!'s Circle Framelit dies.  Very simple, but now that I've gotten the hang of using these, I'll have to try something on a bigger scale next time!  :0)

Lots of BEAUTIFUL cards from the DT and in the gallery, so check it out and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Bonnie said...

The shimmer is so pretty on the black cardstock!

Lisa Elton said...

This is quite striking Marcia and I love the way you've framed it! Isn't it funny how we just "HAVE TO HAVE" crafting products and then don't use them. I have a couple of stamp sets that have yet to see ink ~gasp! I also used to pick up pretty little journaling cards at Archiver's every time I went...never used them LOL! Maybe they'll make it on a card!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Perfect Pearls stenciled roses on black cardstock, Marcia. I love your CAS framing too. So pleased you joined us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. TFS your close up photo too. Hugs...Nancy

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Marcia, great technique using the PP with the stencil, the different colours really shine, I must try this on black card thanks for sharing with CAS Stencil, Robyn

Birgit said...

Wow~ The colors on this with the black is stunning! I have perfect pearls that haven't been used in years too. I probably should try to rectify that. ;0) So glad you persevered and found your PP. This is really beautiful!

Loll said...

This is gorgeous Marcia! So happy you pulled out your pearls and played along! xx

Julia Aston said...

I saw your comment on Ros's card and so was happy to find your card here Marcia! What an awesome stencil in all the beautiful Pearl colors you used - simply framed in my 'fav of all times' frame! thanks for joining us!! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Marcia! I love the effects of all that shimmer on a black base...you have truly inspired me to try using Perfect Pearls on a black background! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at the CAS Stencil Challenge ~ Barb xx

Anita in France said...

Dramatic and deliciously shimmery, Marcia ... love how you made this gorgeous panel 'shine' with the simply framing! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda said...

This is beautiful Marcia .... a pretty stencil and lovely shimmer from the Perfect Pearls. So glad you played along xx

Ros Crawford said...

So I should have left the stencil on! OMG! No wonder I had trouble... Stunning card my friend!