Sunday, June 9, 2019

Christmas Kickstart #12 & CAS Christmas

Hello friends.  Playing along with a couple challenges today...Christmas Kickstart where the focus is on elves and CAS Christmas is looking for gifts.


I decided to make a shaker card and used the elf from MFT's Santa's Elves that was holding the gift, and also a die from AE.  When I think of elves, I think of the movie ELF and Buddy all dressed in green, so I went with a pretty much green and white card with just touches of yellow/gold and a little bit of black for one of my layers.


I used my Copics to color the elf and the little Vanilla Sugar Snowflake Sprinkles are from Trinity Stamps...too bad they're not edible as they'd look really cute on cupcakes!  But then they look pretty cute on the card too!



You can play along with the CAS Christmas challenge HERE (open till the 24th) and the Christmas Kickstart Challenge HERE (open through June 16th).  Christmas is only 6 months away friends, so check out all the fabulous inspiration from both teams and play along!

And for those of you who believe in the power of prayer, if you wouldn't mind saying an extra prayer or two for my hubby who is having a biopsy on his pancreas tomorrow (Monday - 10th), we sure would appreciate it!  He's had cancer before, so of course that's forefront in his mind, but we are trying to stay positive that this is nothing but a benign cyst.  Thank you!  Hugs.   

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, your little elf carrying a Christmas present looks so cute and I love that Die cut for your shaker. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.
Sending positive thoughts to you and your husband for tomorrow.
Hugs Christine

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card - I love the combination of that little elf with the circular die-cut! I'll be keeping your hubby and yourself in my thoughts today, Marica. Big hugs and thanks for playing along at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Jo x

Mac Mable said...

Dearest Marcia....I am thinking of you x
Super cute card and love the green and the shaker element....great design too x.

Bonnie said...

Your elf is ADORABLE, Marcia, and so perfect with the circle sentiment and shaker card! Love those snowflake sprinkles and the sparkles on this little guy's hat! Will definitely say some prayers for your hubby. What a scary time!

JoAnn said...

Love how you made this cute elf card into a shaker card with the circle sentiment die. Your coloring looks wonderful too. Yes, those little sprinkles do look edible.
Prayers for your hubby. Hope he gets good news from the biopsy. Hugs.

Lisa Elton said...

This is as cute as can be! I love this little guy and his sparkly hat! I hope all went well for your husband, he'll be in my prayers.

Happy Dance said...

Prayer said, with more to come, dear friend. Call if you need me; I'm always here. As to that elf... Buddy would love to be in a shaker card, for sure! This is absolutely adorable. I love his glittery hat, and those sugar snowflakes do look like they belong on a cupcake. I know my grandkids would try to eat them...lol! That's some awesome coloring too. A very merry Christmas card, Marcia. Love this one!! Bev

Colleen said...

Marcia, this is just stunning! You always come up with such clever and awesome designs! I hope the results are back with good news. I am sending up prayers and lifting you both up to the Lord. So glad you joined us at CAS Christmas!!

I Card Everyone said...

Prayers said, my friend. for the two of you.
This little elf is just the cutest elf stamp ever created, isn't he? LOve him in his Buddy costume!
=]

Kara Lynne said...

First of all, I'm so glad you said something so we can be praying! Sorry I'm late, but will still be praying! I love your Elf - so cute in green, and cute shaker!

Darnell said...

I'm just seeing this Marcia. You have mentioned about family health issues, so I've been adding you to my prayers. I appreciate knowing the situation so my prayers can be specific and even though this happened Monday, I will pray the biopsy report is benign. Please keep us posted.

As for your card, it is so beautifully clean and crisp! I love how your execution is always flawless! This is such a great shaker card using that fun elf and I just love how you followed the movie and did it up in the green and white!! Huge hugs, my friend, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

So cute and so terrific! I love that little guy!

Birgit said...

What a cute, cute card Marcia! I love watching the movie Elf every year and your little elf is a perfect depiction of the tall guy. Those snowflakes sure do look like candy, don't they? You all have been in my prayers.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling elf with gift, Marcia! Just love how you made the shaker behind him!!

Marina said...

What a great design - I love the glitter and the sprinkles and the circular sentiment is just perfect.

Anita in France said...

An adorable elf, Marcia ... so cute set against the yummy shaker! Sorry to be so late coming by ... thinking of you and keeping you and your DH close in prayer. Big hugs, Anita :)