Tuesday, June 18, 2019

The Flower Challenge #33 - Focus on the Background

Hello friends.  Playing along with this month's The Flower Challenge where they are asking us to concentrate on the backgrounds of our cards.


I used Altenew's Beautiful Day stamp set and came up with this card:


I chose the Beautiful Day stamp set because I love a couple of the stamps in this set that are perfect for a more subtle background, and I stamped them in a light gray ink on my white card panel, and then decorated the rest of the card with the flower and leaf images from the same stamp set.


I stamped two of the flower and leaf outline images in black, and then blended inks using the Picket Fence's Life Changing Brushes onto the images before fussy cutting out.  My stamped and die cut sentiment is from The Greetery.  A little bit of black baker's twine and a few Rainstones finished off my card.

You can check out all the BEAUTIFUL examples of gorgeous backgrounds from the DT (they were much more daring than me in their use of color in their backgrounds!!) right HERE...this challenge is open till the 25th at 5:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

Beautiful card Marcia!

Anita in France said...

Gosh, this is gorgeous, Marcia ... the soft blending on the blooms is simply lovely ... a beautiful way to highlight one of my favourite verses! Hugs, Anita :)

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful coloring on your gorgeous card. Love how you blended the inks for the pretty flowers. I love this stamp set too. I agree with Anita, a great way to highlight that verse. TFS

Marcia Hill said...

You did it!! I'm so proud of you!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

You know, I have this set and have yet to ink it up ~GASP!!! You've inspired me with your PRETTY card Marcia. Love the soft colors!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, those sprigs are my favorites from this set! Countless ways to use them, and you've shown us what a darling background they can make, too! Beautiful!
=]

TaeEun said...

Love the subtle background stamping in gray! Perfect as a mat for the beautifully ink blended flowers!
Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

Kara Lynne said...

That is one of my favorite Altenew flower sets! It pairs so well with that beautiful sentiment from The Greetery! Just gorgeous, my friend! Also wanted to say, I'm so happy for the epiphany you had about where to hold the Copic Markers. I will make a point of talking about that when I'm coloring on video - thanks!

Bonnie said...

Love these soft colors, Marcia! A good message that I need to take to heart!

Birgit said...

This is so soft and pretty Marcia! I have that stamp set and have very rarely used the smaller flowers. They make a fabulous background!! Welll done my friend.

Ros Crawford said...

You create the most gorgeous cards... I love this!