Saturday, June 15, 2019

Tag You're It Challenge #89 - UMBRELLA'S

Hello friends.  Just a quick post today to share a tag for the current Tag You're It Challenge where they are looking for UMBRELLA'S (or as our middle daughter used to say...umbrella-lella's!).


Isn't that just a delightful photo?!  Umbrella's obviously make me think of rain, but this photo makes me think of a party, like a wedding or baby shower.  So I went with a baby shower tag...


I started with a couple die cut tags from Reverse Confetti, and then because I wanted to dress up the white tag a bit before adding my umbrella's, I used MFT's Cloud Stencil and some Aqua Mist ink to make a cloudy sky.  Here's a closer up:


My umbrella's were cut with an Impression Obsession die using PTI's Bitty Big DSP in Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist, & Harvest Gold, and I double pop dotted behind each umbrella to give some depth.  My sentiment strip was stamped and embossed using SSS's Tiny Words stamp set and I added an enamel heart also.  A little bit of ribbon and twine finished off my tag that will look so sweet on a baby shower gift.

There's still time to play along with this challenge, so check out all the BEAUTIFUL tags from the DT and then play along HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


7 comments:

Birgit said...

What a cute take on the challenge Marcia! The stenciled clouds in the background and the grid pattern on the tag are a great match for your colorful umbrellas. Super cute!!!

Bonnie said...

Love these die cut tags and those polka dot umbrellas, Marcia! What a fun baby shower tag!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how cute!! Lovin' the polka dots!

Robyn Oliver said...

Delightful tag Marcia, love that you stenciled the cloudy background for your three colorful die cut umbrellas (liking that die) and also the stitched grid die for the tags. Thanks for sharing with Tag You're It, Robyn

Anita in France said...

So charming, Marcia ... such sweet polka dot brollies against the grid-stitched, fluffy cloud background! Hugs, Anita :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I've been eyeing that tag.... love the grid background! Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Kara Lynne said...

I love those wonderful polka dot umbrellas, Marcia! I perfect sky background for them too! What a great idea to make a baby shower tag based on that inspiration photo! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Tag, You're It!