Friday, June 7, 2019

CAS Mix Up And More

Hello friends.  Playing along with this months challenge over at CAS Mix Up and they are looking for OMBRE inking on our cards.


I have been in a bit of a stamping funk lately because of health issues going on in my family and just hadn't been able to find my mojo!  That all changed though when I started seeing posts from everyone who went to Loll's crafting retreat!  So today I have 3 cards to share with you featuring some of those techniques they shared, including this first card that uses the Ombre technique that Lin shared (she was inspired by Kristina Werner's post HERE).


I masked off the left 2/3rds of my card front, and then blended using DOX inks in Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, & Carved Pumpkin to create my ombre effect.  Using the DOX inks makes such a smooth transition from color to color!  I left my mask in place and then used SSS's Outline Butterflies background stamp with versamark ink and white embossing powder...LOVE how this came out!!


I kept my card CAS and finished it off with a lovely die cut butterfly from Gina Marie Designs and an embossed sentiment strip in white on black (PTI - Keep It Simple: Thinking Of You)


Another technique shown at the retreat by Nancy was called "Cut Up Stamping" which she learned from a Jennifer McGuire post HERE.  I used the same ink blending technique with Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, & Seedless Preserves DOX inks and embossed with white using another SSS set called Sketched Flowers (LOVE this stamp set...mostly because of the font of the different sentiments!).  Then came the hard part of this technique...cutting a perfectly good panel!!  But after the first initial shock and stamping my sentiment (PTI - Keep It Simple: Birthday), I loved the look of the card!!  A few of Lucy Little Gems and some black & white baker's twine finished off this card.


My last card and probably my favorite, is a bleaching technique which Susan showed at the retreat.  I have actually done this technique before, but it's been SO long ago, that I had forgotten all about it!  So anyway, I did some more ink blending (can you tell I'm a little hooked on this?!) using Abandoned Coral and Seedless Preserves DOX inks and then stamped with black and embossed with clear my image using a SU! set called Happy Watercolor.  Then I used an old brush and some splashless bleach to paint and remove the color from the blossoms...absolutely LOVE this look!!  I matted my panel with some black cs and adhered to a white card base, and then stamped my sentiment which is also from the same Happy Watercolor stamp set.  I finished with a few clear sequins and a piece of black & white baker's twine.

If you've made it with me this far...CONGRATULATIONS!  I know this was a looooong post, but I was just so excited about using these techniques and just having FUN in my crafty space again!  There are SO many BEAUTIFUL cards from the DT and already in the gallery using the OMBRE technique, so check it all out right HERE and play along.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Marcia they are all magnificent!! I love the design of the second card... It really has that wow! factor. Sorry things have been rough for you, I'm hoping that they resolve soon. Big hugs

Lisa Elton said...

What a PRETTY line up Marcia, love them all!

Viv said...

Pretty cards Marcia - couldn't pick a favourite!

I Card Everyone said...

You had me mesmerized the whole post, Marcia! I've never seen someone use actual bleach on a card... they are all gorgeous, and I love the colors you've chosen to blend together!
=]

Kara Lynne said...

How wonderful to take all those great techniques and put them to work for you! Each card is beautiful, and I love your choice of inks to blend! The butterflies and both flowers are gorgeous stamps and look so perfect with your card designs!

Bonnie said...

It's almost like you were at the retreat with us, Marcia! Fantastic job on all three of these techniques! Love your ombre sponging with the white emobssing! Wonderful colors and the perfect stamp with the added die cut butterfly. I used the split technique on a piece that I didn't like. Yours was beautiful to begin with! And your bleaching technique turned out beautifully too! An awesome trio of cards, my friend! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful ombre cards, Marcia! Especially love the one with the butterfly - gorgeous orange blending!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards Marcia. I love the colors in your ombre panels. The butterfly card is so pretty as is the one with the cut up technique. Your bleached card is lovely also. Thanks for sharing all these lovelies.

Darnell said...

Okay, Marcia, now I want to know more about your super power of being invisible at craft retreats! You have so totally rocked EVERY technique here with your incredibly beautiful cards that it's hard to believe you weren't with us! You definitely found your mojo and then some! I hope things improve for your family soon, my friend. Hugs, Darnell

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, all three cards you made at your own mini craft retreat ;-P are gorgeous and well executed, Marcia! Your ink blending is so sooth and beautiful. Love your wonderful layout/design. I'm so glad to see your card in the CAS Mix Up gallery!
I hope the health issues in your family will resolve soon.
Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia you were really at the retreat with us with all those amazing cards. We all love the ombre and bleaching techniques:)
Christine

nancy littrell said...

Wow...Three Gorgeously Creative cards using so many wonderful techniques, Marcia. I am LOVED all three of your beauties and your blending of colors. Be careful...Cut Up Stamping and bleaching flowers can be addicting, my friend. TFS Hugs...

nancy littrell said...

P.S. I hope the health issues in your family are improving everyday. Hugs...

Birgit said...

These are all beautiful my friend! The colors of your ink blending are perfectly lovely. That's funny.... I blended about 5 panels after seeing Linda's post and watching the video from Kristina Warner and I haven't done anything with them. They're still sitting on my table waiting for inspiration! Sending you all my hugs and prayers.

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed reading this post Marcia...What stunning cards, all three of them. The colour combinations are fabulous and so is the blending x. Love the white heat embossing over the blending and such a unique and wonderful effect with the bleaching x. Thank you for finding time to join in The CAS Mix up challenge and sending hugs about the health issues x.

Anita in France said...

What a joy to see this gorgeous trio, Marcia ... such beautiful blending, so perfectly complemented by the lovely outline butterflies and florals! Do hope the family health issues have settled by now ... sending hugs, Anita :)

Jo said...

Beautiful trio Marcia. The butterfly over the repeated butterfly ombre BG strip is truly stunning. Love the soft CAS design too. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Loll said...

WOW!! I'm so happy to see some the fantastic techniques on your blog Marcia. You have done them all proud. Each of the three designs is just perfect and so well done. I think your mojo has returned!! AMAZING cards, my friend! xx

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome trio of cards in the Ombre technique Marcia, they are all perfect for the challenge.