Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Inspired By #168 - I Carrot About Spring

Hello friends.  There's a beautiful inspiration photo over at the Inspired By Challenge that definitely says Spring to me!!


I was inspired by the colors in this beautiful spray and also the vertical design, and came up with this card using a Gina K stamp set called Wild Blossom.


My colors came out a little more peachy than orange, but I still love the light and Spring-y feeling to this card.  I used a technique Gina showed in one of her video chats to achieve a 2 step look by inking up the stamp in one color and then adding a 2nd layer of coloring using a marker (I used some of my old SU! markers) directly onto the stamp before stamping onto your cardstock.  I did this with both the leaves and the flowers to create the layered look.


Here's a closer up so you can see the stamped layering a bit better.  I finished this card with a birthday die cut from Gina's Lace Flowers stamp set and also added a few Disco Ball sequins also from Gina K.  A pretty simple card but love the soft and delicate look to this one.

Lots of absolutely GORGEOUS inspiration from the DT and you can check it all out right HERE to play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Lovely, I especially love the small black border.

Lisa Elton said...

Those wispy flowers are lovely, Marcia and the black border makes everything pop! This is a marvelous card! Thanks for joining us at IB!

Colleen said...

Awesome card Marcia!! I love that set from Gina K, and your colors are very springy and refreshing! Heart Hugs!!

I Card Everyone said...

I love that two-step, Marcia! Especially when accompanied by your card - it sings SPRING!! Thanks so much for playing along again - spurred on by your wonderful win, I'll bet - congratulations!
=]

Bonnie said...

Beautiful flowers, Marcia! Love the color and the tonal coloring! It's a beauty!

Bobby said...

Making your own layered stamping works beautifully, Marcia. I love how the vine crawls up the card.

Susan said...

Lovely flowers! Wonderful colours. Perfect placement of the sequins - something I always struggle with.

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia! LOVE those beautiful flowers. And I love the idea of creating a two step look with inking your stamps using a marker. Great idea ... why didn't I think of that!! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh your stamping is so pretty and I love the two tone look you created. Gorgeous card!

Anita in France said...

Those trailing blooms are so pretty and dainty, Marcia ... the contrast of the bold white on black sentiment is brilliant with them! Hugs, Anita :)

Danni Reid said...

Oh my how absolutely lovely, this is an incredible spray of flowers. Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB!

Birgit said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the flowers going up the left side of the card and how the sentiment brings it all into balance.