Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Color Hues #15 - Pink & Green

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with the Color Hues Challenge today where they are looking for PINK & GREEN as the focal point on our cards.


I've been having fun with a new and whimsical stamp set from the Ink To Paper (it will ALWAYS be Papertrey Ink to me!) company called Prominent Petals, and came up with this card...


I started by stamping and die cutting the flowers and leaves using different shades of pink and green inks from Pinkfresh Studios.  Next I die cut a frame from Papertrey Ink using the Bold Borders: Polka Dot Die in white cardstock and adhered it to a white card base for a white on white look.  


It's really hard to see in my photos, but I took the little center rectangle die cut and ink blended very lightly some pink ink and then inset it back into the polka dotted frame before arranging my flowers around it.  My birthday die cut is from Gina K's Lace Flowers set.  I finished my card off with a few pink gems from Pinkfresh Studios.

You can check out all the beautiful cards from the DT right HERE and play along until the 14th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a striking and contemporary looking card Marcia. The flowers look amazing, love the cute little circle/bubbles and the pop of black from the sentiment looks fabulous. A stunner x.

Ros Crawford said...

I can see the ink blending... Stunning card Marcia!

Nancy said...

Oh Marcia, I wish I was picking winners this time! I adore this card! The bubbles and polka dots on the flowers and leaves sealed the deal for me! This is such a beautiful card! So happy to see you in our gallery at Color Hues! Take care!

Lisa Elton said...

SWOON!! Love those loopy blooms surrounded by all of those polka dots. This is fabulous, Marcia. I've been patiently waiting for that set to come back in stock but it's taking waaaaaay too long!!

Cat Craig said...

oh my this is such fun!

I Card Everyone said...

Others might see bubbles, but what I'm seeing is the prettiest pollen I'd never sneeze at! So so pretty, Marcia!
=]

Bonnie said...

What fun flowers with their polka dots and I love the die cut dotted background too!

Lindsey said...

I love the dots both big and small! A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Bobby said...

Such whimsical flowers, Marcia, and they rest perfectly on the polka dot background.

Loll said...

So sweet Marcia. Pink and Green are always amazing together, but your card goes beyond that!! It's so pretty and cheerful. LOVE those polka-dot flower and leaves. Fabulous design, my friend! xx

Birgit said...

Adorable! I love the whimsical design of the flowers with the polka dots. The colors are fabulous! They'll always be PTI to me too. ;0)

Anita in France said...

Simpy lovely, Marcia ... there's something so charming and whimsical about your fabulous blooms clustered around the blushed panel ... a beautiful arrangement! Love how you mimicked the polka dots from the flowers in the die cut background! I hear you on the Ink to Paper v Papertrey ... it'll always be the latter to me too, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia this is so darn pretty. I love the shades of pink and green you used!