Saturday, April 3, 2021

CAS Christmas April 2021 - RAINBOW

Hello friends.  Welcome back to another challenge at CAS Christmas where this month we have a really FUN prompt for you...RAINBOW!  Yep, we want you to create a CAS Christmas card using RAINBOW colors.


Trina is our host this month, and her and the rest of the DT have some AMAZING inspiration for you if you're not quite sure where to start with this prompt, but I'm thinking the ideas will be flying this month!  They sure did for me!!  

Here's what I came up with:


I started with one of the sweet little polar bears from MFT's Polar Bear Pals stamp set, and because I wanted his RAINBOW scarf to stand out, I chose not to color the bear (well except for a little pink chalk blush on his cheeks...I mean it is COLD out there!!).  I used my Copics in RAINBOW order (ROYGBIV) to color his scarf and then die cut him out and pop dotted him to a circle die cut that I ran through an older Darice snowflake embossing folder.  My sentiment comes from an older PTI stamp set called Think Big Favorites: #20 and I thought it was pretty fitting for this sweet and colorful little guy!

What will YOU come up with using a RAINBOW this month?!!  We can't wait to see our gallery flooded with lots of colorful RAINBOW Christmas cards...just remember that this is a CAS challenge, so even though we want to see lots of RAINBOW color, we still want your cards to be CAS too!  Again, we've got lots of inspiration for you from the DT and our Special GD, so check it all out right HERE and then play along with us.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


25 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Very clever take on the challenge! I'll have to have some time to think about this one, Jo x

Mac Mable said...

The adorable bear sure looks happy with his rainbow scarf Marcia x. Fun take on the challenge and a happy and wonderful card x.

Viv said...

He's so cute Marcia with his rainbow scarf! Lovely card.

Cat Craig said...

What a perfect card, I love that bear in his rainbow scarf.

Lisa Elton said...

His rainbow scarf is adorable! This is a fun card, Marcia!

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so cute with the bear's pretty rainbow scarf.

I Card Everyone said...

Well, you found the perfect image to rainbow-color, Marcia! He's a favorite, alright!
Rainbow Christmas? I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on, for sure!
=]

Susan said...

Love the bear's rainbow scarf!! Also love the way you did the embossed circle of snowflakes rather than snowflakes all over the background.

Christine Alexander said...

OMG he's adorable in his Rainbow (Dr who) scarf :)

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet polar bear with his wonderful rainbow scarf Marcia - he looks like he's very proud to be wearing it! Love the embossed snow background and pretty circle framing. xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is one of my favorite bear stamp sets, Marcia! The polar bear with his rainbow scarf is so adorable! Leaving everything else white is effective in highlighting the rainbow colors. The embossed snowflakes are pretty and add the perfect texture to the background!
Hideko xx

Bobby said...

This is adorable, Marcia. Perfect for the challenge. I could steal this idea because I have all the makings but I guess I'll have to come up with my own idea - at least for the challenge. ;)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, your little polar bear is adorable, Marcia! Beautiful Copic coloring on his rainbow scarf and I love the embossed snowflakes in the background...such a fun card ~ xx

Ros Crawford said...

How cute is he!! Love your rainbow interpretation and love your card!

Connie said...

Happy Easter from a fellow Christian and paper scrapper.

Loll said...

So adorable Marcia! I love the expression on the bears face ... looks like he is having a great time. :) The rainbow scarf is so sweet! xx

Cathy said...

He is a real cutie with his rainbow scarf! Love the embossed circle behind him too, gorgeous take on the rainbow challenge, Cathy x

Colleen said...

Marcia, oh this bear is so cute and I adore his rainbow scarf, you are so clever to come up with that for the rainbow! And I love that sentiment too!

Izzy Scrap said...

Adorable card, Marcia ! I also have this cute bear and its a fabulous idea to colour its scarf in rainbow colours. Love this little touches of colours over this gorgeous white on white design. Looks like even more CAS ! Thanks for welcoming me as guest designer this month. x

Bonnie said...

Love this sweet bear's rainbow scarf, Marica!

Anita in France said...

Love it, Marcia ... one of my favourite bears, made wonderfully cosy and cute with his rainbow striped scarf against that snowy background ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Trina P. said...

So adorable wearing his rainbow scarf! Beautiful embossed background in a fabulous design.

Birgit said...

Have I really missed this many posts on your blog? This little guy is adorable with his colorful scarf and snowflakes.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling polar bear in his rainbow scarf, Marcia - love this!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sorry to be slow to comment on this cutie, Marcia!! My internet died right as I was typing the first time but now it's back!! Anyway, the polar bear couldn't be sweeter with his colorful rainbow scarf!!