Friday, April 23, 2021

Color Hues #16 - YELLOW & GREY

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Color Hues Challenge where they are looking for cards using the Pantone In Color combination of YELLOW & GREY.


And here's what I came up with using a Pinkfresh Studio stencil...


I ink blended the Floral Print Circle stencil with a combination of PTI and Gina K inks in yellows and grays, and then die cut with a large circle die.  I used the same circle die to die cut the center of a Smokey Slate piece of cardstock, and then used Pinkfresh Studio's Diagonal Stitched Plaid cover plate die to add some texture to my background piece.  I also sponged gray ink around the outside edges and around the circle edge of this piece.  


I used foam tape on the back of my gray background piece and attached to a white card base, and then inset the stenciled circle.  My sentiment is from The Greetery's Opposites Attract stamp and die set, using Smokey Slate cardstock and Basic Gray ink for the "happy" die cut, and the Basic Gray ink also on the banner part of the sentiment.  A bit of gray & white bakers twine on the banner strip and a few light yellow gemstones finished off my birthday card.

There are some absolutely STUNNING cards from the DT and their Special GD (Amy Kolling), and cards already in the gallery using the YELLOW & GREY color combinations that you can check out right HERE if you'd like to play along.  This challenge is open for another week.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

Colleen said...

This is awesome Marcia! I love the background stitched cover plate, it adds so much depth and interest to the card and your circle of flowers is amazing, I can see you doing this with lots of color combos! Very pretty card my friend! Heart hugs and a happy weekend to you!

I Card Everyone said...

Still loving it, Marcia! Of course, you had me at GREY and the PF cover plate! Such a beautiful circle of yellow floral stenciling!
=]

Birgit said...

This is fabulous Marcia! I love the stenciled background and the wonderful stitched detail on that cover plate. Such a beauty!

Karen said...

What a great design! I love the florals in the circle, and the PF cover plate adds such interesting texture. Thanks for shout-out for the Yellow and Gray Challenge and for joining in with your lovely card!

Loll said...

WOW! Gorgeous card using the challenge colours Marcia. Very beautiful and elegant card! xx

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful stencil and I love how you've used it, my friend! Great use of these colors!

Mac Mable said...

The colour combination looks fabulous and your card is amazing Marcia. Such pretty flowers and I love the cover plate too x.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is wonderful! I adore the colour combo and your interpretation... The stenciling is gorgeous!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marcia. Love your die cut cover plate over the lovely stenciled flowers.

Nancy said...

Marcia, I just got my hands on my very first set of stencils and love them already. Your layout was so very clever, to only showcase part of the DP you created with the stencils as it really makes the card pop! I love the twine and the tag too. Also, Thanks for the sweet shoutout about the team and our challenge...that means the world to me! Thanks for being with us at Color Hues...you really made the colors shine! Take care!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous, such a lovely center focus.

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous way to showcase that lovely soft, delicate stencilling, Marcia ... such pretty blooms that are set off wonderfully by the textured grey panel! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

This is beautiful, Marcia. That coverplate adds texture and the popped up panel adds dimension to your card and shows off the lovely stenciled flowers.