Monday, April 19, 2021

CAS Mix Up - Paper Piecing

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with the gals over at CAS Mix Up where this month they are looking for CAS cards with PAPER PIECING.


Paper Piecing has always been one of my favorite techniques (probably because I'm one of the strange ones that actually likes fussy cutting!), so this was a FUN challenge for me to participate in!!  I used a SU! set called Painted Poppies and came up with this...


I stamped the Poppies and leaves onto white cardstock first, and then stamped them again onto dsp from SU!'s Ice Cream Corner.  I die cut the flowers and leaves that I had stamped on the white cardstock, and then fussy cut the flowers and leaves that I had stamped onto the dsp, and then attached  the dsp to the die cut cardstock.  


I stamped my birthday greeting (Gina K's Fancy Greetings) and then arranged my flowers and added the stems and leaves on a die cut panel that I layered with a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock before attaching to a white card base.  A couple clear sequins finished off my card and I'm thrilled with the way this one turned out!  I mean who knew ice cream dsp would make a lovely flower?!!

There are some absolutely BEAUTIFUL examples of paper piecing from the DT for inspiration, so make sure you check them all out, and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.    

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



16 comments:

Birgit said...

This is lovely Marcia! Your paper piecing is pure perfection. You chose the perfect papers for cutting the flowers and I love the single polka dotted leaf. Clever and sweet!

Mac Mable said...

You always make and design the most contemporary and striking cards and today is no different Marcia. Great fussy cutting and the ice cream designer papers look wonderful x. Another stunner x.

HilaryJane said...

This is beautiful, I love your chosen pp, it looks stunning. I have not done paper piecing very much but this challenge has definitely converted me to it. It is very versatile and you can get some stunning looks, as you have demonstrated here. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us at CAS Mix Up xx

Cat Craig said...

Those paper are perfect for your poppies, Marcia. Lovely card.

nancy littrell said...

Your paper pieced flowers turned out beautifully, Marcia. BTW..I like fussy cutting too! I still remember how excited I was when I got my SU Papersnips..20+ years ago:-) I loved playing with paper dolls as a little girl, but the scissors barely cut! Do you remember those days? TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up, my friend..Love and Hugs..Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

You enjoy fussy-cutting because you rock at it, Marcia!!
Such pretty Poppies - and Ice Cream colored should be a new hybrid!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done, Marcia, this is marvelous!

Susan said...

Love the dsp you chose - lovely colours, beautiful flowers.

Ros Crawford said...

Love love love the poppies! Ice cream paper... Boy that sure came in handy and worked so well!

Bonnie said...

This paper is perfect for these paper pieced poppies, Marcia! I love how you've arranged the poppies and that sentiment is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bobby said...

Both the papers and those flowers were perfect for paper piecing, Marcia. I love that deep purple one.

Robyn Oliver said...

A gorgeous card Marcia, your paper pieced poppies are fabulous and I like to idea to fussy cut in pp and then attach to the die cut poppy... I'm a lover of fussy cutting too, hugs Robyn

Julia Aston said...

what beautiful papers you used to paperpiece your lovely poppies and leaves Msrcia - they look watercolored! Lots of fussy cutting for you!

Loll said...

Such beautiful papers for your paper pieced poppies, Marcia! Gorgeous card with the large sentiment. I love to fussy-cut too, so this has been a lot of fun this month at CAS Mix Up! xx

Linda said...

Such a pretty card. Those papers are beautiful Marcia, they work so well with the poppies. Glad you enjoyed the challenge ...... I'm a fussy cutting fan too!! Thank you for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

Anita in France said...

You captured the delicacy of these lovely poppies with your fabulous paper piecing, Marcia ... this is just so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)