Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Playing Cards with Michele...IN PERSON!!!

Hello friends.  It finally happened!  After over a year of not seeing each other in person, Michele and I got together last week and had a "play date"!  Oh let me tell you, it did the soul so good to be together in person, and to share our love of card making with each other!!  We spent the morning talking, laughing, hugging, (we've both had both our vaccinations!) and of course playing!  Michele had asked me to bring all my Pinkfresh Studio stuff along, and we both had fun using the Layered Sunburst Stencil (blended with multiple colors of DOX inks), and here's how I finished mine off...


  Michele and I both share a love of Anita Jeram's little critters (Colorado Craft Co. - Birthday Wishing), so I stamped my image once on my colorful sunburst, and then again on a plain piece of white cardstock.  I colored the image with my Copics and then die cut.  Before gluing down my die cut image over the stamped image on the sunburst, I snipped off the balloon so that the stamped image of the balloon on the sunburst would show.  


 To finish off my card, I used The Greetery's Crimped Frame Dies to cut my sunburst panel and then attached to a white card base.  My die cut "Celebrate" is also from The Greetery (Birthday Blooms), and I also added a few sequins (Gina K) for a little sparkle and shine. 

Michele also graciously let me borrow an Altenew stamp set called Statement Flowers, and in keeping with the rainbow theme, I came up with this quick and simple card...


I used some washi tape to tape off my edges first, and then ink blended in rainbow order using Gina K inks.  After carefully removing the washi tape, I put my panel in my MISTI and then stamped the image several times using Catherine Pooler's Twilight ink until I was happy with the gray color.  I trimmed the panel down just a bit and then added to a white card base using foam tape on the back to add a little dimension.  To finish I heat embossed the "Hello" (from the stamp set) in white on a small piece of black, and also added foam tape to the back before adding to the card.  A couple more sequins and I was done!

I can hardly wait to see what Michele did with her Layered Sunburst Stencil piece, so hop on over to her blog along with me and check it out...Michele NEVER disappoints!!  And thank you, thank you Michele for the BEST day last week...I can't express in words how much I NEEDED that friend time together, and I'm already looking forward to our next get together!!  :0) 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! You KNOW how much I love that balloon-bearing Bunny! What a fabulous idea to highlight him with your gorgeous sunburst, Marcia! There you go making me want pie again by using that crimped die!
You carried that rainbow theme over so beautifully - what a STATEMENT! Gorgeous!
Thanks so much for lending me your wonderful PF sets! My right arm is looking mighty buff after all that stenciling! lol
It was so wonderful having you here, Marcia - I've been missing you since - and can't wait to make it happen again, soon! xx
=]

Christine Alexander said...

you are both so lucky I can't wait to get together in person with crafty friends :)
Love that sunburst background ♥

conil said...

Just popped over from Michele's blog and have to say, even after a long absence, you two got so much done, I'm amazed. These two gorgeous cards are so different, so colorful and happy, that I'm smiling from ear to ear. Fabulousness.

Mac Mable said...

How fabulous to eventually get this time together. I sure know you would have laughed, chatted and hugged x.
Your rainbow stencil first card is amazing and a celebration on a card x. What a beautiful rainbow Hello card, beautifully blended and I love the grey stamping x.

Cat Craig said...

How fun that you two got together in person!!! Yay. Sounds like it was a fun day filled with laughter and crafty goodness. Your rainbow cards are wonderful.

Birgit said...

I don't know what I'm more pleased with, your cards or the fact that you and Michele got to get together for some crafty friend time. I love the rainbow stenciled background and now think I "need" that stencil. You're so clever Marcia, to let the balloon take on the colors of the background. The rainbow floral card is stunning as well. YOU never disappoint!

Bonnie said...

I envy you getting together with Michele, Marcia, and I can see you had a brilliant day! Love that sunburst stencil and may have to add it to my collection although I don't know that I can do it this much justice! Love the birthday bunny and how you've arranged him on the background! Gorgeous use of the Altenew stamp too! Wonderful sponged colors!

Bobby said...

That sunburst is incredible, Marcia, and such a fun background for the darling bunny. The rainbow background for the Statement flower was a great way to get a colorful card without having to color the flowers. I may have to try this with another large stamp. I'm so glad the two of you got together and I hope I can join you both one day soon.

Lisa Elton said...

I just visited Michele's blog and told her I sure wish I could have been there with the two of you! Your bunny looks so happy on his colorful background, love this little guy! And those flowers... oh goodness gracious is that ever one gorgeous card!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! Incredible sun burst Marcia and a really happy rainbow card! I'm so pleased for you that you got together... I too got to see friends though I was exhausted afterwards... Just not used to chatting so much! Have a lovely day

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous batch of cards, Marcia, and how wonderful that you and Michele were able to craft together!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia as I said to Michele, what a treat to craft with a live person! I am so happy for you both and a wee bit jelly! How fun and all of your cards are just fabulous! Love them and all your beautiful shading! So glad you are both fully vaccinated. I get my first shot on Tuesday!! Have a good weekend! xoxo

Loll said...

Always fun to craft with a friend. I can imagine the two of you having a great time with lots of laughs. Two beautiful cards ... love those backgrounds. xx

Anita in France said...

What a wonderful treat for you and Michele to get together in person, Marcia ... and share all the chat, laughing, crafting and hugs that you had chance for! Your cards are delicious ... the rainbow sunburst behind that delightful little bunny is fantastic ... and how elegant are the grey outline blooms against your luscious blending ... gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)