Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Peace On Earth #12

Hello friends.  Been awhile since I posted a Christmas card, and since it still feels like Winter here in my neck of the woods, figured it was a great time to play along with the current Peace On Earth Challenge!


Notice in the top two photos the sleds?  That's where the inspiration took me and a chance to play once again with a really cute image from Penny Black/Mo Manning - Sweet Sledder.


Isn't she a cutie?!  I stamped and clear embossed my image first, and then colored her and her teddy bear with my Copics.  


I stamped the sentiment that comes with the set, and then decided to make a shaker by adding some snowflake sequins (a free gift with one of my Greetery orders) and a few clear tiny beads, before adding the top layer that I die cut using Penny Black's Crystal Frames.

I'm also going to add this card to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where Snowflakes are Winters Butterflies.


There are still a few days to play along with the Peace On Earth Challenge (ends March 31st) and today is the last day for the Christmas Kickstart Challenge (nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh??!!).  Either challenge is a great way to get a head start on those Christmas cards friends!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

She is a cutie, Marcia! Her pink snowsuit makes here look extra sweet! Darling card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling girl with teddy bear image & I love how you colored it, Marcia! Perfect with that snowflake frame and shaker!!

I Card Everyone said...

Snowflakes are winter's butterflies - I've never thought of that! OH I do love this little sledder and her bear buddy, Marcia! So adorable and beautifully framed!
=]

Susan said...

Such a sweet image! Beautifully coloured and a great border of snowflakes! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.

Cat Craig said...

Oh Marcia, what a cutie patootie. Your coloring is fab,and the frame is wonderful.

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Marcia, so cute and what a fabulous PB die cut frame.. Robyn

Ros Crawford said...

So adorable Marcia! Thank you for your kind wishes and your prayers, it means so much to me... hugs my friend

Birgit said...

Awww, this is precious Marcia! I adore their matching pink winter gear.

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia this is just ADORABLE and BEAUTIFUL! LOVE that frame die and your coloring is perfect! OMG ... AND it's a shaker! You Go Girl! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

Loll said...

Adorable image ... that little girl is so sweet, especially in her pink snowsuit! Love the snowflake frame, Marcia. xx

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at the POE Christmas Challenge.

Bonnie said...

She is adorable and so beautifully colored and framed, Marcia! What a lovely card!

Bobby said...

This is such a darling card, Marcia. I love that you added snowflakes in a shaker card. The perfect final touch!

Inkyfingers said...

This is so sweet, Marcia! Beautiful colouring of the image and you framed it so well with the snowflake die. Just gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing with Jo and me in the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.
Hugs
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

The pretty frame draws your eyes right into that adorable little scene. A super cute card Marcia x.

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Marcia! What a sweet image and how beautifully framed AND it's a shaker card too! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x