Friday, June 17, 2022

CAS Christmas June 2022 - WREATH Reminder Post

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at the CAS Christmas Challenge, where our  hostess Linda is looking for a WREATH on our CAS Christmas cards.


My WREATH comes from an older SU! set called Feeling of Christmas, and because I loved the greens and purple I used on my first card, I stuck with the same color palette here:


I used Soft Succulent for the first inked layer of the wreath, and then Evening Evergreen for the leaf layer.  I used a couple of Copics (BV08 & BV17) to color in the berries.


My bow (The Greetery - Fit To Be Tied) was die cut three times (for dimension) from Elegant Eggplant cs, and then I put a few coats of WOS on the bow for some shimmer & shine.  The sentiment is from the Feeling of Christmas stamp set also.  I matted this layer with a piece of Elegant Eggplant cs and then adhered both to a top folding white card base.

We hope you'll dig out those WREATH stamps (or dies or stencils) and play along with us right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Colleen said...

What a lovely wreath Marcia! And I love your color choices too! Great bow, I use that one a lot too!

Loll said...

Fabulous wreath with your layering to create visual depth. The colours are so amazing too. xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like the simplicity of your wreath with the big fance bow! This is lovely, Marcia!

Birgit said...

What a lovely card, Marcia! The deep, rich colors are perfect for your CAS wreath. I love the big bow too!

Julia Aston said...

A really pretty color combo Marcia! What a lovely two layer wreath and your layered bow adorns it perfectly! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Another lovely green and purple Christmas wreath, Marcia! Love the untraditional color combo. The dimension and the shimmer of the bow are amazing!
Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful wreath, love the non traditional purple ♥

Susan said...

So elegant in those colours! A beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

Yes, and it's a very lovely feeling of Christmas, too! So beautiful, Marcia! Perhaps our next play-day should have a Christmas theme?
=]

Bonnie said...

Love these colors that work perfectly on this wreath too, Marcia! Love, love, love that sparkly bow!

Bobby said...

Eggplant?! What a wonderful new color for Christmas cards. I love it on your fantastic bow, Marcia.

Linda said...

Marcia, what an elegant wreath and card. Beautifull my friend.

Trina P. said...

Love the non-traditional purple/green colours. This is so beautiful… that bow is so elegant. I’m so glad I purchased it during their Memorial Day sale.

TK said...

beautiful - and your colors are gorgeous!