Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Peace On Earth Challenge #16

Hello friends.  Nothing like waiting till almost the end of a challenge, but I seriously had good intentions of playing along with the Peace On Earth Challenge right from the get-go as the mood board had a SNOWMAN on it which I absolutely love, and also the fact that I'm woefully behind on my Christmas card stash this year!  The only thing I can say in my defense is that I've been binge watching Downton Abbey on Netflix because it was only going to be available till May 31st...yesterday!  I finished the finale of season 6 last night at 9:53PM...phew!!  I made it!!  Haha!!  I do love that show though, and even went to the theater for the 1st time in 2 years last week to see the new Downton Abbey movie, and it was wonderful!!  OK, back to the challenge...


   My girlfriend had gotten me a big SSS 6 x 8 stamp set (Warmest Wishes) for my birthday with lots of different snowmen images and trees in it, and I had only used one image from it so far, so figured it was time to get it out and have a play!  Here's what I came up with...


Aren't they adorable with their fun hats and scarves?!!  I stamped the trees first with Evening Evergreen & Soft Succulent inks (SU!) and then gave them a nice coating of glitter.  I added a torn strip of cs to the bottom that I lightly blended with some ink leftover on my turquoise blending brush, and then added a layer of glitter to that also.  I also lightly blended some of the leftover ink over my background to give a cool wintry feeling to the card.


 Next I stamped, colored (Copics G21 & BG13), and fussy cut two of the snowmen from the SSS Warmest Wishes set and added them to my card front, popping up with foam tape the smaller snowman.  My sentiment is an oldie but a goody from PTI's Think Big Favorites: #20 stamp set.  I added a few small details to the snowmen with a white gel pen, and then called it done!  Simple but cute, and one more done for the Christmas card stash!

You have until tomorrow night at 8:00PM to play along with this challenge at PEACE ON EARTH, so check out all the fabulous inspiration right HERE and then play along!     

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Marcia your Christmas card is a beauty. So sorry I've been away for so long but I really enjoyed seeing your previous creations and that beautiful lilac tree wow! Hope all is well with you hugs

I Card Everyone said...

LOve your card, choice of binged shows, and cannot wait to see this next Downton on a big screen, Marcia!
Also love that the little guy's smile cannot be contained by his scarf - love these snow-dudes and your gorgeous forest of sparkly pines!
=]

Bobby said...

Those snowmen are adorable, Marcia, and I love the sparkly trees.

Diane said...

Absolutely adorably cute cute snowmen card, I can see why you were anxious to use it!! Thank you for joining our fun challenge at Peace On earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Lisa Elton said...

How cute are they! Love the little bashful fella hiding behind his polka dot scarf! I MISS seeing Downton on a regular basis. Love the movies and can't wait to see the new one!

Mac Mable said...

Such an adorable winter scene and I too love those cute little hats on the snow people x. Big fan of Downton my end too Marcia x.

Birgit said...

So cute, Marcia!! While I'm not ready to live in your winter scene, I do think it's darling. Great job on the glistening snow!! So glad you got through to the final show on Netflix before it ended. I will have to wait for the movie to come on tv.

Lyn said...

I still have a few sessions to catch up on so hope it is still on Netflix here in New Zealand. I totally adore your card, snowmen are just the cutest <3

Bonnie said...

Not only are these snow people fantastic but the background with the trees and light inking set the stage beautifully! Another great Christmas card, my friend!

Loll said...

So adorable Marcia. I LOVE your sweet snow couple. Lovely trees and snow in the background and a fabulous sentiment to boot! :) I agree with you about Downton Abbey, I just started watching the series for the third time a couple of days ago. Bing watching is the way I roll too ... I'm already on season 3. :) Thankfully it's still available for us here and hopefully it will be in another year when I'll probably watch it again. :)

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous scene Marcia. The snowpeople are so cute in their winter wonderland.