Thursday, June 30, 2022

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #18

Hello friends.  Nothing like waiting to the last minute to play along with a challenge, but time got away from me and I just couldn't resist the mood board for the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge...I mean, take a look at all the wonderful BLACK & WHITE!!

 

And here's what I came up with...


I started with a piece of black & white plaid paper from SU!'s Plaid Tidings DSP on a white card base, and then built my scene using dies from the ECD Reindeer (#1408) set.  I cut everything from black cardstock first, and then because it didn't show up as much as I'd wanted (I was thinking silhouette for this scene), I also cut everything out again in white and offset it under the black die cuts.


My sentiment was heat embossed with white on the black snow hill using PTI's Stylish Sentiments: Holiday, and I finished with a few Trinity Stamps Crystal Ball Dewdrop Baubles.  Oh, I almost forgot...my white snowman is a die cut from PTI's In The Meadow die set...couldn't leave out a snowman after the fabulous ones showcased in the mood board!!  Pretty easy card, but I love the way it turned out!!

I'd love to tell you, you have lots of time to play along with this challenge, but it ends tonight!  You can still check it all out right HERE for lots of beautiful black & white inspiration though, and get started on your Christmas card stash...it will be here before you know it!!

                                         Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning in black/white, Marcia!! The offset of white on the coverplate adds so much and I love the little white snowman in the corner!!

Darlene said...

FABULOUS take on our mood board ! This is so beautiful Marcia! Glad you made it in the nick of time! LOL Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lisa Elton said...

The little hint of white peeking out from behind your silhouettes was the perfect addition, Marcia! Wonderful card!

Susan said...

Wonderful take on the mood board! Love the gingham background and the wonderful scene you created. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.

I Card Everyone said...

A darling plaid forest is the perfect place for silhouettes, Marcia - love the way you've highlighted them!
=]

Bobby said...

The white shadows really do make your silhouettes stand out, Marcia. What a dramatic card!

Bonnie said...

Love that black and white plaid and the leaping deer, Marcia! What a great scene! Offsetting the silhouettes with the white adds wonderful depth!

TK said...

Love, Love, Love the black and white plaid -- makes for a bold and stunning card!

Loll said...

Striking card with all the black and white Marcia. I love the way you've shadowed everything to lift it from the plaid background. Great design, my friend! xx

Birgit said...

This is so striking in black and white. I love the plaid background. Lovely, Marcia!!