Friday, June 3, 2022

CAS Christmas June 2022 - WREATH

Hello friends.  Welcome back to CAS Christmas ..we're SO excited to be back with you and helping you get those Christmas cards done in time!  Linda is our hostess this month, and her challenge is to use a WREATH on your card.  

 

 In the past year I have fallen in LOVE with all the wonderful layering stencils that are out there, and today I'm using Pinkfresh Studio's Thrill of Hope wreath stencils for my card.  Take a look:


I am loving the simplicity of this wreath and used just 2 green inks (SU!'s Evening Evergreen & Soft Succulent) and Elegant Eggplant ink for the berries.


My sentiment was foiled using Spellbinders JOY Glimmer Plate and Aura foil...I'm loving the different colors this Aura foil gives depending on the light!  I matted this layer with a panel of Elegant Eggplant cs and adhered both to a top folding white card base.  Very simple but I'm thrilled with the way this card came out!!

Make sure you check out all the wonderful inspiration the rest of the DT has to share with you, and also welcome our newest DT member Lisa Elton (My Paper Tales).  You can play along with us until the 24th right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



20 comments:

Viv said...

Welcome back Marcia! Lovely card - the ink blending of the stencil is beautiful.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful stenciled wreath and love your sentiment in the centre ♥

Julia Aston said...

Ohhhhh! LOVE the colors you used on your pretty stenciled wreath Marcia - AND the gorgeous aura foiling on your JOY - a beautiful card in non-traditional colors! xx

Loll said...

Gorgeous wreath Marcia! LOVE your stenciled leaves and berries. And LOVE the colour combo - fabulous. The Aura foil JOY is amazing. Lovely card, my friend! xx

Lisa Elton said...

I love your soft stenciled wreath with the pop of pizazz from the fancy sentiment and bauble! Pretty card, Marcia! Thanks ever so much for the warm welcome. I'm tickled pink to be on a team with you again too! XO

Cat Craig said...

That soft wreath is lovely and the foiled sentiment gives it that holiday pop!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I just love the greens you've chosen and that you used eggplant for the berries - people always reach for red, don't they? Gorgeous, foiled sentiment - fabulous foil!
I'm so glad you're back!
=]

Bobby said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia, that foiled sentiment is amazing and gorgeous! The simplicity of your wreath made a great place to hang it.

Susan said...

Beautiful colours in your wreath - love those two shades of green with the eggplant for the berries. The sentiment is gorgeous - that foil is amazing and adds so much interest to the card.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a gorgeous wreath card, Marcia! Love the beautiful layer-stenciled green wreath with the purple berries! The shine of the glimmer foiled sentiment is amazing! I love Aura for gold (and Prism for silver) too! Adding the berry color matte is a really nice touch, my friend!

Bonnie said...

Love these colors for a Christmas card, Marcia! The two shades of green are so pretty with the dark purple! Love that foiled sentiment the makes this so elegant!

Trina P. said...

YAY! I can comment on your post now!
Beautiful card! Love the colours and that gorgeous shiny foiled sentiment. 💜💚

Celeste Goff said...

Just beautiful! Love the metallic finish on the sentiment!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia this is absolutely fabulous, the aura foil is gorgeous. I'm impressed you got the lighting just right to catch the foil!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stencil layered wreath and Stunning shiny foiled sentiment, Marcia. TFS your beauty and taking the close up of your foiled sentiment...wow! Love and Hugs..Nancy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous wreath with the stenciling and foiling, Marcia - great combo!! So glad to see CAS Christmas back in business!!

Linda said...

Oh my, Marcia this is so gorgeous. Your foiled sentiment is so beautiful and is perfect for your lovely wreath. Have a great day my friend.

TK said...

wow! Beautiful, and you're right, that foil is pretty amazing -- it just makes your pretty card that much more pretty

Mac Mable said...

The foiling looks stunning and I love the contemporary style of the stencilled wreath Marcia x.

Colleen said...

Marcia, this is stunning! And I think I have this one too! I should just pull up wreath on Evernote and start making cards using all the wreath stamps I own, I could probably be done with my Christmas cards only using wreaths.! LOL
Love your foiled JOY too! Heart Hugs, col