Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Color Hues #43 - BLUE & GREEN

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Color Hues Challenge today and using the colors BLUE and GREEN.


I had a new stencil that worked perfectly for this challenge...take a look:


I used Gina K's new stencil called Lush Leaves and ink blended Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks over my piece of white cardstock.  LOVE how the colors blend together!!  I also used Gina K's Master Layouts #7 dies to turn my stenciled layer into a mini slimline card...I think this is one of my most used die sets lately as I am totally in love with the mini slimline size!


 
I stamped a small feather from another of Gina K's new stamp sets called Fancy Feathers in the same Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks, and then stamped my sentiment (Gina K - It's All You) in black over the feather, before cutting it out with a circle die from the ML#7 die set.  I added a few Mermaids Tail sequins (also Gina K) and a piece of black & white twine to finish off my card.

Lots of FABULOUS inspiration in BLUE & GREEN for you to check out from the DT right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 28th until 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Birgit said...

I'm loving the beautifully stenciled background with those two colors Marcia. This is bold, yet clean and simple, and simply gorgeous!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love your beautifully stenciled background! Those leaves look amazing in these colors! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Hi Marcia, Love your slimline card and your new stencil was such a great purchase! I especially love how you carried your leaf design onto the sentiment. As always, thanks for supporting our Color Hues Challenge! Take care!

Lisa Elton said...

That is a pretty stencil and the leaves look beautiful in those colors! This is a marvelous card, Marcia. I love mini slimlines too!

Karen said...

I was so tempted to purchase this stencil, and I now know why! It is perfect for this color combo and your card design, as always, is just right! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous colors, fabulous blends! Yep, even that little feather tickles my fancy!
Beautiful, Marcia!
=]

Bonnie said...

These two shades work beautifully together, Marcia! Love this stencil and how you matched the sentiment up with the little leaf stamp!

Bobby said...

Those colors blended so beautifully, Marcia. I love the way you did the sentiment - on a circle and then on a label. It fits perfectly on a slimline.

Loll said...

Perfect stencil for these colours, Marcia. Love the shades of blue and green you've used, very bright and pretty! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia this is so beautiful and trendy! Beautiful stencilling of the tropical leaves and a slimline--you've checked sll the boxes! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

nancy littrell said...

Love your stenciled leaves in the blue and green combo, Marcia. A wonderful skinny card design with your added sentiment die cut circle, twine and sequins too. TFS Marcia. Love and Hugs..Nancy