Monday, June 6, 2022

Color Hues #42 - YELLOW & BLACK

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with the gals over at the Color Hues Challenge today, and they are looking for YELLOW & BLACK this time around.


My first thought was bees when I saw this color combination, but I had a new stamp, stencil, & die set from Pinkfresh Studios that I really want to play with, so.......


I used the Botanical Bunch stencils first with 4 different shades of yellow for the flowers, and then black & gray for the leaves.  Once I finished stenciling, I used the coordinating stamp with black ink to outline all the flowers and leaves, and then used the die to cut it all out.


I used foam tape behind the image before adhering to a layer that I used the Stitched Diamonds cover plate die on (PFS), and then adhered both to a black layer and a white card base.  The "just a note" sentiment comes with the stamp set and was embossed in white on a black strip and then adhered with foam tape also.  Some black & white twine and a bit of glitter in the flower centers finished off my card.

You can check out all the FABULOUS inspiration in YELLOW & BLACK from the talented DT right HERE to play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Birgit said...

The yellow flowers are so striking with the black leaves. What a gorgeous bouquet!! I like the stitched background as well. A pretty, summery card my friend!

Cat Craig said...

Love this combination of neutral leaves and bright blooms. The layers are fab and all add up to one stunning card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia your card is so striking! Those flowers are so very pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

I see why you wanted to play with your new goodies, Marcia they're so pretty! Love what you've done with the colors, this is terrific!

Karen said...

Marcia, you did a fabulous job with the stencil and then inking the flowers--just gorgeous! I love the glittery centers of the flowers. It's always nice to see you in the gallery at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

Must admit that my first thought was bees but this fab bouquet works well, especially with that hint of added sparkle in the flower centers. Thanks for linking up at Color Hues. :)

Nancy said...

Boy oh boy do you have some beautiful stamps/stencils in your stash, Marcia. I adore this set and will be off to check it out when I am done. The way you did the leaves just on the top of the background was brilliant! Stunning card in every way! As always, thanks for playing at Color Hues and I hope you have a great day!

I Card Everyone said...

Bees are great - this bunch of yellow flowers are even better! LOve the black as the detail layer of the leaves, Marcia - always happy to see that grey!
Be-U-tiful!
=]

Susan said...

Love the way you used the yellow and black! And what a gorgeous flower stamp! Great layout with the diamond pattern background, the thin black border, and the black and white butcher's twine.

Bobby said...

What a lovely bouquet of yellow flowers, Marcia.They look fabulous with gray/black leaves and the coverplate is to die for.

Bonnie said...

This stamp worked perfectly for the bright yellow flowers, Marcia! I love how the black outlines make the yellow look even brighter! What a beautiful, cheerful card!

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Gorgeous stenciled, stamped and die cut flowers using your new set, Marcia. Loved the background plate design too. What a beauty using the Color Hues Yellow and Black Challenge colors. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

This is gorgeous Marcia!! LOVE your new stamp, stencils and die!! Perfect done in the challenge colours, my friend. xx

TK said...

Great Gatsby this is gorgeous! LOVE the colors, and you've made a beautiful card for the color challenge