Saturday, September 17, 2022

CAS Christmas September 2022 Reminder - Sparkle and/or Shine

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at the CAS Christmas Challenge, where this month our hostess Hideko is looking for CAS Christmas cards with SPARKLE and/or SHINE.

                                               
                                                                  
The past year or so I have fallen in LOVE with the foiling techniques, and the fabulous SHINE it gives to a card!  It is so different than the shine you get from embossing with gold or silver, and unless you really see it in person, photographs don't really do it justice!  With that being said, I still made a card with foiling, and you're just going to have to trust me that the SHINE factor on this card is incredible!!  Take a look...


 I used a Spellbinders hot foil plate called Holidays Floral Background and Aura Foil on black cardstock, and the colors this foil gives when the light hits it is SO pretty!  In very little light it looks silver, but when you turn it just right, or the sunlight hits it, it goes into this multi-colored image that's like looking at colored lights on a Christmas tree at nighttime. I matted my foiled image with white and then adhered to a black card base (4 3/4 x 4 3/4).  Really a very easy card to create and I love the dramatic look of it!

Make sure you check out all the beautiful inspiration from my talented teammates, and then play along and get going on those Christmas cards!  Just remember to keep it CAS and also to add some SPARKLE and/or SHINE to your card.  We look forward to seeing YOU in our gallery!!  You can play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Loll said...

This is a WOW card Marcia!! Such gorgeous image, made even more special with the rainbow coloured foil on black. Great colours, shine and contrast, my friend. xx

Christine Alexander said...

OMG the foiling is beautiful against the black. I really need to use my glimmer foil system more often ♥

Julia Aston said...

This is just SO pretty in the rainbow of colors Marcia - and I can just imagine how stunning it is IRL in the shiny foil!! xx

Susan said...

Such beautiful colours in the foil - so striking against the black! What a wonderful card!

Cat Craig said...

So pretty with all the colors. I have to run fast though since I don't want to get into foiling and you are too good an enabler with your beautiful cards. Hugs!

Bonnie said...

WOW! Love the way this foil shines, Marcia! It does look like colored lights on the Christmas tree! The black background is a perfect choice to make the foil really shine! Such a lovely card, my friend!

Trina P. said...

WHOA! The card is amazing, but what’s even more incredible is your ability to capture the multi-coloured shine of the foiling brilliantly in your photo. Gorgeous card.

Linda said...

So beautiful, Marcia. Love all the pretty colors. Awesome card, my friend.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Marcia! At first, I thought you used a rainbow foiling sheet (I don't know if there's anything like that.), and I was surprised to find out that you used Aura. I've used Aura many times for sentiments, and I knew it was gold with a multi-color effect, but I never thought it had this kind of beautiful rainbow-like effect. It's just so beautiful on black and the image is framed perfectly! Amazing job, my friend!
Hideko xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh... the drama of the iridescent colors on the black card base is marvelous, Marcia! Fabulous card!

TK said...

Amazing and gorgeous! Love all that shine, Marcia, it's sure a beauty!

I Card Everyone said...

You've done so well capturing that holographic quality of that Aura foil, Marcia! What a pretty way to add shine to your Christmas card - almost looks tropical!
=]

Fabiola said...

elle est splendide! biz

Colleen said...

Gorgeous Marcia, my first glance made me think of Joseph's Coat of colors (is that what I mean? you know that technique?) anyway, when I read it was done with the glimmer, I was excited because I have that same foil plate and now you have given me another way to use it, LOVE this so much!! Fabulous and shiny my friend!! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Barb Ghig said...

On my screen your foiling is amazing...I can only imagine how spectacular it is in person, Marcia! A truly stunning card, my friend! xx

Bobby said...

I'm glad you could capture the beauty of that foil, Marcia. It IS dramatic and beautiful on black.