Wednesday, September 7, 2022

The Four Seasons Challenge - September 2022

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Four Seasons Challenge, where for the month of September, it's Anything Goes - FALL!



Don't you just LOVE Fall and all the beautiful colors and warmth of the season?!  Fall is definitely my favorite season here in Michigan...I think it showcases God's artistry so beautifully!!  I recently had a play day with my sweet friend Michele, and she let me borrow some of her stamps, stencils, and foil plate from the recent Papertrey Ink release and I came up with a "twofer" from one foiled and stenciled piece of A2 cardstock.  (WARNING...I used very untraditional colors!!)  Let's take a look at the first one...


  I know, I know...not very realistic Autumn colors, but I just couldn't help myself!!  I started by foiling the Fallen Leaves: Hot Foil Plate (PTI) on a piece of Hammermill cs with a piece of Aqua Spellbinders foil and then used the coordinating PTI stencil (Fallen Leaves) with my blending brushes and Gina K inks in purples, aquas, magentas & reds.  (Most of the ink came from what was already on my ink blending brushes and not a lot of new ink.)  At this point I cut off a 1 1/4" strip to use on my 2nd card.  


Here's a closer up photo and if you look towards the top you can see some of the aqua foiling a bit better.  I attached my foiled piece to a top folding white card base, and then added a skinny strip of black cs to ground the foiled piece.  I finished with the die cut "Fall" (Larger than Life: Fall - PTI) that I mounted with foam tape for dimension and a coordinating sentiment from PTI's Larger than Life: Fall Sentiments that I die cut with a couple circle dies.  A few light aqua pearls were also added.


My 2nd card uses that 1 1/4" strip that I had cut off from the 1st card and I attached it to a card base that I had embossed using a FSJ Falling Leaves embossing folder


Once again you can just see the aqua foiling towards the top of the card...trust me that in real life these cards are SO pretty with that aqua SHINE!!  I finished this card the same as the first one except the Fall die cut was inked up in black, and used a different die (SU!) for the coordinating sentiment.  A few silver metallic pearls were added to this one.


 Here they are both together.  Do you have a favorite??  I like them both equally as well and sure had a FUN time making these!  Thanks so much Michele for letting me borrow these goodies!!

I would also like to add these "twofers" to Darnell's NBUS Challenge since these are "new to me" products and never been used before (by me!).


There is LOTS of beautiful inspiration over at the Four Seasons Challenge if you'd like to play along...this challenge is open till 25th.  This is also the Four Seasons first anniversary, so I'm happy to play along and help them celebrate this milestone!!  CONGRATS Four Seasons!!


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, these are simply gorgeous! I love the non-traditional colors you used, and it looks like they match the foiling perfectly. What pretty sentiments too. This are both stunning!

Bunny said...

That's the thing about being artistic.....you can make those leaves any color you want. These are beautiful. I do love the sentiment on the first card. That is so cute. Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge. Bunny - designer for The Four Seasons Challenge

Ellibelle said...

I definitely get fall vibes from the colors even if they are untraditional. Beautifully done cards, love them both!
Thank you so much for joining in with us at Four Seasons challenge. Hope to see you back there again soon!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Cat Craig said...

These are scrumptious colors, Marcia. Love that you got two cards from your panel. These will brighten a fall day for sure.

Darnell said...

You have given Fall a whole new wardrobe, Marcia, and she's as pretty as can be! I love them both, the foiling is amazing, but all that white space embossed with leaves just edged the second one into the lead for me. It's so wonderful that you and Michele can get together to play, create, and share! Speaking of, thank you for sharing your beautiful twofer with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

Oh the goodies you two get to share! Wouldn't it be a wonder to see the trees filled with this magnificent display of color! Two fabulous cards, Marcia!

Karen Letchworth said...

These colors are stunning, Marcia. What a gorgeous Autumn card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons and please stop by again soon.
Karen L, DT

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These cards are so gorgeous - hard to pick a favorite. I love the colors you've used to showcase these beautiful PTI supplies. Happy that you had a play day with Michele. Fall is my favorite too. Enjoy every minute.

Bobby said...

Those colors blend beautifully together, Marcia, and who cares if leaves aren't really that color. It's artistic license and you are an artist.

Diane said...

WOW, both cards are stunning and I LOVE the colors you have used!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons and supporting us!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Bonnie said...

Well, I like them both, Marcia! A fantastic idea to get a twofer out of this gorgeous piece! I love Fall too and look forward to the Fall colors and cooler weather.

I Card Everyone said...

You know me well enough by now my friend - any color in your wonderful imagination will do! Anything goes leaves that door wide open!
I love that you've had a bit of play time with these products - I love them equally, Marcia!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

I wish my leaves would turn those lovely colors, it is a great combination. Beautiful foiling and it just shines. I love how you used the strip that was cut off to create another gorgeous card.